View Single Post
Old 30th December 2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinra358 View Post
Also, at the entrance of the temple of time, the smoke halo above death mountain is off centered now.
As for the hair, maybe you can find an offset that makes the hair invisible in 1st person view only?
The smoke halo problem in the death mountain is because the background is a pre rendered image, and when you extend it to widescreen, the smoke halo is left out of place, the same happen in the door to the room where the guard is and where are pots of rupees, it is in the street just after entering the bridge from Hyrule Field to Hyrule Town Market.
Regarding to find an offset that makes the hair invisible in 1st person view, it would be interesting, since TLOZ Ocarina of Time is best seen in GLideN64 than any other video plugin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
That's because Jabo's lack proper emulation of the Near Z plane, you will see this by watching carefully the intro when Navi fly under Mido and the camera wrongly shows you some portion below the ground...

Glide64Final, GlineN64 and other plugins fix this by inserting a hack routine...

Your second problem (the Subscreen Delay is easily fixable via Gameshark Codes) but Jabo's plugin is not recommended for OoT general gameplay as its Near Z plane emulation is bugged and its too distracting to watch the void every time you are close to a wall...

I like the way your project is heading, I wish I could the time I had before (I got a very demanding full time job with leaves me with little to no time for hobbies, so all my projects and WIPS are in a permanent hiatus ), but I too researched some time ago a way to disable the unnatural culling in OoT, you may check how it is tweaked in the Emulated version that runs in Dolphin, in their wiki there are posted codes that either disables the draw distance or the frustrum culling along with widescreen codes, I never had the opportunity to port those codes to the N64 rom because I didn't had an AoB of that memory section nor their original values because I dont own the Zelda Collector's Edition for the GameCube...
Thank you very much for the information about the plugins that you just have shared Marcelo_20xx, I don't knew that problems in Jabo's video plugin. With the GameShark code I've shared, GLideN64 is the only one with the problem of Link's hair that block part of the screen in first person view.
I've also seen the Action Replay codes of Widescreen in Dolphin and I realized that GameCube games have more and better codes in this emulator. I wish that the creators of these Action Replay Codes for Dolphin, had ported it to the Nintendo 64 version, since I am in the same situation as you. Nothing would make me happier than the GameShark codes that I've shared were perfect, but so far this is what we have.
And don't worry, is good that you have a full time job right now, real life is first!!!