View Single Post
Old 13th April 2017, 10:04 AM
Project Supporter

I keep checking back now and then, but tho you guys have done a great job with the emulator, updates itself seem none existent.

I think last time i re downloaded PJ64 the program itself had slight changes but that was only to put a block on the program, if i remember correctly it was something relating to a delay using it unless you paid.

The emulator itself the "core" doesnt seem to have changed, games play the same as they did many years ago, games that wouldnt play havent had any updates to the plugins to try emulate it.

I know as new systems come out people work towards them, but when you get the likes of Dolphin that plays GC games decently and Wii U.

It makes me wonder why people dont work on older systems anymore given that hardware has come along way since so new things could be done to improve the emulator.

PCSXe is another, I find if plugins could be recoded to take advantage of todays hardware we could see improvements.

One thing i dont get with PJ64 is using the default plugin I cant play when casting it to my tv, yet using glide plugin it works great, jabo the frame rate drops heavily.