View Single Post
Old 7th July 2017, 05:16 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Speaking as a user who uses both PJ64 (development snapshots) and development versions of GlideN64, it is my favorite plugin in terms of graphics rendering. The only problem I've had which is not really plugin related was missing polygons outside the 4:3 area in Banjo-Tooie when using the 16:9 'hack' to force it to display the sides -- but I'm sure that's just the game doing that regardless. It does tend to be more resource heavy though, but not in a way that causes problems, at least for me.

Also, I use texture packs when available (using GlideN64 to load them, and not PJ64's options panel).

For verbosity in case anyone is wondering, the games I frequently play using GlideN64 and PJ64 are Banjo-Tooie, Blast Corps, Wave Race 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I have a pretty old PC compared to what's available now. I built it in 2011. CPU is like 3 generations behind and GPU even moreso.

Intel i7-2600k
AMD Radeon HD 6970 x 2 (Partial OpenGL 4.5 support, full OpenGL 4.4, no Vulkan, no DX12 -- and AMD stopped providing driver updates about a couple years ago for this and other pre-GCN cards sadly)
32 GB of DDR3 RAM (4 x 8GB)
Windows 8.1 x86-64

Just wanted to report my experience with it.

Also, I think it's awesome news that you are focusing on LLE. Thanks for your continued efforts.
AMD Radeon HD 6970 X 2 [CrossFireX]

Last edited by RiotFire; 7th July 2017 at 05:24 PM.