View Single Post
Old 5th February 2012, 12:22 PM

Hello everyone,

still hoping to find someone who might be able to answer a couple of questions for me.

If you've played Mario Kart 64 in four player mode on the Wii's Virtual Console then you'll have noticed it runs terribly, whereas one, two and three player modes are silky smooth. I'm under the impression that on the N64 frames were dropped in four player mode to keep it running smoothly (as it didn't have enough processing power for it to maintain 30fps), but this hasn't been taken into account on VC's MK64, so I think the Wii's version is running at 30fps but still with the originally dropped frames missing, hence the horrible feel to the game.

I have a version of MK64 (which looks great) from Brothersoft on my PC but can only get it to run in single player mode. Does anyone know if I can get it to run in four player mode to see how it runs, even though I don't have any N64 controller adapters?

Also, has anyone played a version of Mario Kart 64 on the PC that is smooth in four player mode, with the dropped frames corrected?

Thanks for your help.

Justin

Last edited by justin8571; 5th February 2012 at 12:38 PM.