View Single Post
Old 29th March 2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Sorry,didn't realize.

I can't think of anything that toggles stuff like reverb other than improper equalizer codes for both Banjo games that cause almost a surround sound simulation in stereo or headphones mode but they don't work so well.

Banjo-Tooie is one of the games to go for with the way its instruments play in some cases between different audio modes including official Dolby surround mode itself.

So,do you also happen to have the sounds for the entire DK Rap at above CD lossless quality?
I got interrupted for a very long time in the middle of my previous post so I did not see this one.

There is a subtle difference between my current "all games" project and my CD-quality GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark project which I will need to explain to avoid confusion.

I make video games for a living. I was a senior graphics programmer on Final Fantasy XV, R&D programmer on Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Silent Scope: Bone Eater, Phantasy Star Nova, etc.

As a child, Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, and Conker's Bad Fur Day made me want to work at Rare some day. Although I abandoned that dream when they got bought by Microsoft, I still moved to England after leaving Square Enix and worked near Twycross, and became friends with people from Rare, past and present.

It's a very rare (no pun intended) and special case that I have access to non-public (not even inside any ROM's) assets to a select few games (importantly, access with permission).

So for just a small handful of games I have the original samples at 44,100 Hz. Everything else I have to get the way that the masses have been getting them.

The DK Rap sounds are unfortunately not in my handful.

This is why my GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark releases are advertised as CD-quality while these new releases are only touted as "HQ" or "high quality".
But, as you can tell from the Mario Kart 64 sample I linked, "high" quality is significantly higher than anything that has ever been released so far.

L. Spiro