View Single Post
Old 27th August 2019, 10:19 AM

Question How do you configure the default settings for unknown ROM's?

I would like to know how to configure the emulator's (v2.3.2) default ROM settings to match the Ocarina of Time game-specific settings.

This would allow me to provide people with instructions on how to make the emulator compatible with the Ocarina of Time Randomizer project without telling people to make the changes every single time they wish to play a newly generated randomized ROM (each new ROM has a new CRC).

As is, the default settings that are used for unidentified ROM's seems to be the cause behind crashes that occur under various specific circumstances in the game such as draining the well at night time or entering the Kakariko Potion Shop for example.

The developers and community revolving around the Ocarina of Time Randomizer project advocate the use of either Bizhawk or RetroArch while dissuading people from using Pj64 because of these issues. I'd like to get PJ64 working well with the project so that people have more options and to reduce the hostility some people have been showing towards PJ64 lately.

Thanks,

Last edited by Franpa; 27th August 2019 at 10:26 AM.