View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 05:49 PM

Default Best controller choice to aiming: XBOX, Logitech Dual Action or PS3?

Hi everyone,

first of all, sorry my English, I'm without time to improving it.

I need to say I'm a regular user from P64 (and one "watcher" from this forum) and I'm impressived how perfect this emulator is.

But there is only one problem that I (and 99% of the people here) have found:
the controller stick.

"I was playing Zelda OoT..." the old story...

First I thought the aiming problem was no problem, I thought it was just a hard part of the game.

I have tried N'Rage, Xpadder, JoysticktoMouse...

So, my controller has no intensity difference, for example, if my stick goes to +300 and -300 Y maximum, +10 and +300 are the same.
Link just runs.

Actually if I touch it just a little, Link walks, but a little is just a little little, using the example, I need to touch the +3 to walking, but it's extremely hard to do when playing.

Changing the range works, but sometimes this is upset, like aiming in movements or in a certain part (no spoilers) that we need to aim in a boss without Navi's help.

So, I've read that some controllers have this degree variation with sensitiity.

I saw the PS3, Logitech Dual Action and XBOX, but I can't test them, because I have no friends that have them.

So, for those who experimented these controllers, the results are good?

Which choice is better for this, PS3, XBOX ou Dual Action Logitech?

I saw too that the Logitech works just the left stick like a sensitiity way, is it right?

The others work the two sticks or this way is a default from controllers?

My other option is do this, for example, if I stick forward all for 1 second, Link just walk, if I hold more than this time, he runs, is possible do it with any software?

Or if I can have 2 options of "deadzone" working, for example, if I hold the stick 80%, he walks, but for more than 80%, he runs.

Please, if anyone has other solution, say me and I can help too.

Thank you ^^