View Single Post
Old 20th April 2013, 11:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
HLE can be more accurate than LLE, but generally speaking this is never possible in cases where the LLE is completed.

To play with Glide64 and Jabo's DSound, you do indeed use the `rsp_mle.dll`, so you are using the correct DLL.

However, Glide64 is not a LLE graphics plugin. I cannot control what is sent to the RDP because `rsp_mle.dll` lets a HLE graphics plugin simulate the ucode.
So I am less responsible for what happens.

However, I would not say that means you are testing the wrong file.
suanyuan proved that I had a bug with my HLE support...you could be doing the right thing by testing LLE audio only (plus other rare types) and HLE gfx unlike most people who are using the fully LLE version of my plugin.

[edit] Also, since zilmar cannot remember why he clears the DPC_STATUS_FREEZE bit in the RDP status register for HLE gfx tasks, in the next version I upload I might need your help testing HLE gfx with my MLE plugin.
Well, okay that makes more sense; glad I didn't do anything wrong with the testing. Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6.1/1.7.0.59 are LLE-based GPU plugins right? So for that, I'd need to use rsp_lle.dll, I think. As for the new version of rsp_mle, just give me a holler when it's out, that is, if you need more testing

To sum up

Rsp_mle - HLE
Glide 64 - HLE
Jabo's DirectSound 1.7.07 - LLE

Gotcha. So far I haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary but I'll keep you posted.

BTW, how long has that sound plugin been LLE?
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way

Last edited by the_randomizer; 20th April 2013 at 11:43 PM.