View Single Post
Old 21st July 2016, 03:00 PM

Smile

Ok, so after waiting to see if anyone replied, I got impatient and decided to try something else. So, I searched for a Banjo-Tooie ROM and ended up getting a RAR file with four different ROMs which were named:

"Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken 2 (J) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (A) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (U) [!].z64"

"Banjo-Tooie (E) [!].z64"

I had no idea why there were four different roms, and what was different about them. However, I noticed in the ROM browser for Project 64 that the ROM I used was named Banjo-Tooie (U). So, I tried the other Banjo-Tooie (U) that was in the RAR file to see if I would get the same problem as before. Once I loaded it up, I went to check my saves and saw that I was able to load and use my saves just like before with my original ROM. That was when I realized that the other ROMs must be different versions of the game. So, I tried Banjo-Tooie (E) and found that I couldn't load my save states, but there was a different save of the game on it (not a save state, but game save). This game save had already unlocked the plateau and still had 12 jiggies on the character. I then went to check to see if the freeze would happen on this different ROM, and when I went to the spot, it never froze. Even when I walked around the prison compound and messed around a bit. However, when I pause the game, the background is black instead of being able to see Banjo's surroundings before I paused. It doesn't bother me though because I can still see everything else and navigate it just fine. When I unpause everything is fine and the environment is no longer black like the pause screen showed. Banjo-Tooie (A) also has a pause screen background problem, but it is different in that there are colored artifacts instead of just black. I have played past Glitter Gulch Mine so far without any problems, so I have no idea what was wrong, but my assumption is that it was the ROM. There could be more too it, like the settings, or my computer's particular need to change settings in order to work with the Banjo-Tooie (U) ROM, but the (E) ROM is working for now, so I don't really have anything else to say about it until it runs into another problem; if it does.