Old 30th March 2011, 02:50 AM
Project Supporter

Well, I guess that must be the case (hell, I haven't tried the Direct64 plugin anyways so how should I know )

What other problems exist with the plugins that could create such an issue?

If they already were functioning to begin with and a wipe of windows 7 "seems" to have triggered the issue, what else could be going wrong? Drivers? Software updates? Certain pre-existing issues with PJ64 1.7's handling of plugins? I haven't a clue

Maybe you guys know something I don't, some extra info/posts/etc would be helpful as I am a newbie to using PJ64 1.7 (have used PJ64 1.6 quite a bit before but haven't experienced such problems using it either that could hint to what has happened here)
Old 30th March 2011, 04:24 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Direct64 should initialize for any Direct3D-compliant card alongside having DirectX 9 or later installed.

It's fairly possible the person only has DirectX 8 or outdated hardware.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Direct64 should initialize for any Direct3D-compliant card alongside having DirectX 9 or later installed.

It's fairly possible the person only has DirectX 8 or outdated hardware.
That's the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake0812 View Post
Ok, so I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium. Before, I had PJ64 working fine and dandy. I reinstalled it, got the ROMs I wanted, but when I tried to play it, I get this: "Error. Plugins are not initilized." I am using the Direct64 plugin, and the rest are the regular plugins that come with the program when you install it (the Jabo plugins). Can anyone help me?
The OP states that he did have it originally working, but fails to say what plugins he was using at the time. If he was already using Direct64 beforehand, it most likely is a DirectX issue. If not, it could be a hardware issue. It also could be a Project 64 plugin handling issue as there are some in 1.7 (I think...? , I thought I read some other posts involving the plugin handling being a problem of sorts.)

One other issue is that the OP doesn't say he's using 1.7 anyways (or if it is legitimate) so there could be other issues at play besides what was said already.
Old 31st March 2011, 12:19 AM
Project Supporter

Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake0812 View Post
I have played Zelda64 on my laptop, and I have the Intel chipset thing. I play it, no problems, so I don't see what the problem is.
It could be both DX and hardware as this guy doesn't seem to have a clue what he has or what is happening. I wouldn't bother with this thread anymore.
Old 31st March 2011, 02:00 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol kind of contradiction to the self there

Maybe he just didn't know it was with certain plugins or something. I imagine hopefully by now he's figured out with the switching to a plug-in that supports his device setup got it to work again.