Old 29th January 2015, 12:45 PM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdroid View Post
Should also take a look at pull request #14 Zilmar
Was meaning to and started working on #37 thinking it was the change for #14 for some reason...

I am partly though #37 I like the general principle of that and most of the code but I am still tweaking it cause I am not 100% happy with how it is.

when I finish that one I will do #14
Old 29th January 2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdroid View Post
Weird that I cant seem to replicate any of those issues :\, might provide my own build later to see if still happens on that. Also what operating system are you using?

Should also take a look at pull request #14 Zilmar
Did you actually download the github again and try building it? I've done this on a Windows XP laptop and a windows 7 desktop.

Build
Release

I've compiled PJ64 before, and I've even compiled Kaillera with it before (just to load kaillera). I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Also I should mention someone from a speedrunning site has tried compiling this after hearing my rants. They had a similar problem but the roms freeze his emulator completely and it just stays in the loading state before emulation starts. It doesn't even emulate a single frame apparently and he's using Windows 8.
Old 29th January 2015, 03:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hmmm can somebody say GIGANTIC F***ING PULL REQUEST.

Both commits kill my wireless. Jesus.

Seriously tons of trivial line changes like spacing fixes / indentations / etc. should fall under a separate commit. Not pointing fingers or blaming anyone or anything, don't even know who made the changes (twostars, dd, whoever), just saying, it's a lot to read and download.
Old 29th January 2015, 06:19 PM

The rsp fixes didn't fix the issue either.

Has anyone else confirmed this problem yet? Because I'd like to not have to use outdated visual studio to compile PJ64....
Old 29th January 2015, 06:28 PM

#39 and #27 don't seem too complex...
Old 29th January 2015, 06:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

#27 isn't complex, so far as pull requests go, but, it's a bit difficult to process.

I can't really opine anything about PR #27 since GitHub/Git repositories aren't traditionally used for storing binary files/executables/DLLs on them, just source mostly. I agree about updating from N-Rage 1.82 to 1.83 though (then again N-Rage himself came onto EmuTalk and seemed to be content with rabiddeity's overhaul, so maybe that should be uploaded instead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
The rsp fixes didn't fix the issue either.

Has anyone else confirmed this problem yet? Because I'd like to not have to use outdated visual studio to compile PJ64....
RSP warning fixes/interpreter opcode fixes shouldn't affect your fluctuating FPS issue.
I am grateful that about all the warnings have been taken care of officially now, even if some of the other methods didn't appeal to me.

I guess I'll give it a try in my local installation of VS2013 now.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Project64.exe

I did a build with the VS2013 solution on the official Project64 GitHub. I'm temporarily uploading the Project64 EXE it produces (Release mode). I'm not seeing any FPS/VI/s stuttering or lag in Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario, Absolute Crap 2 or friends.

What if you try said EXE I linked off VS2013? Do you still have issue?
Old 29th January 2015, 10:27 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
I'm not seeing any FPS/VI/s stuttering or lag in Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario, Absolute Crap 2 or friends.

What if you try said EXE I linked off VS2013? Do you still have issue?
I tested SM64 and Abs. Both work fine with the exe you linked.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
Did you actually download the github again and try building it? I've done this on a Windows XP laptop and a windows 7 desktop.

Build
Release

I've compiled PJ64 before, and I've even compiled Kaillera with it before (just to load kaillera). I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Also I should mention someone from a speedrunning site has tried compiling this after hearing my rants. They had a similar problem but the roms freeze his emulator completely and it just stays in the loading state before emulation starts. It doesn't even emulate a single frame apparently and he's using Windows 8.
Sounds like something bizarre is happening on your end. I've been compiling Project 64 2.1 source since it was released a few years ago and haven't had a single problem with it. Sounds like your best option might be to wait till someone provides a build and see if the problem persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Hmmm can somebody say GIGANTIC F***ING PULL REQUEST.

Both commits kill my wireless. Jesus.

Seriously tons of trivial line changes like spacing fixes / indentations / etc. should fall under a separate commit. Not pointing fingers or blaming anyone or anything, don't even know who made the changes (twostars, dd, whoever), just saying, it's a lot to read and download.
haha, the changes aren't really that big, just looks massive as it removes a lot of code from Audio_Plugin.cpp and etc. and moves it into a new class file. Scanned back over the commit and there's barely any spacing fixes / indentation changes in it >.< Some bits occurred because i got lazy and copied the header files from my original repository and it auto formatted them for some bizzare reason (Don't know why Visual Studio 2013 does that >.<)
Old 29th January 2015, 10:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

I actually do all my changes in Notepad++ now, to prevent possibility of formatting.