Old 11th August 2015, 11:17 PM

I have a question: How is that PJ64 2.2 is not portable? or are you referring to the type of cross-platform portability? because I can have different per game PJ64 2.2 setups without any writing to the registry.

Also I am very pleased to see the N64 scene doing improvements over the past months/years...
Old 23rd August 2015, 04:37 AM
Project Supporter

there are a few people here including me that actually paid for donation to PJ64 though that was along time ago. and we were giving access to download beta version before the public gets it.

anyway I don't see any new beta version but can you at least give us a installer witout that annoying ad?

or at least a portable/Zipped version instead of the exe installer?
Old 5th September 2015, 05:56 AM

When I try to go to the download page on google chrome it gives me a warning that the page contains malware and won't let me go there.

I'm assuming this is because of the installer?
Old 5th September 2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberAndrew View Post
When I try to go to the download page on google chrome it gives me a warning that the page contains malware and won't let me go there.

I'm assuming this is because of the installer?
Im on firefox and i get the same result. Im not sure if its the installer because i only got the malware warnign when opening the installer.
Old 18th September 2015, 04:47 PM

Default The project 64 2.2 makes my game crashes

every time I can level up in mário paper in the part where defeated King Goomba, the game crashes and does not return, and no matter What do I do, it keeps crashing, I know how to solve this problem
Old 21st September 2015, 05:19 PM

I'd like to know what is up with the main pj64 site? The blogs page shows a sidebar and the downloads page functions but every other page is blank? Kind of hard to look at a gamefaq I can't see
Old 22nd September 2015, 02:36 AM

While I'm at it I'm curious what compiler/libraries the emulator was written with?? I'm looking to expand my coding horizons, even if It isn't ever release quality.
Old 22nd September 2015, 09:22 AM

Visual Studio 13 or 15 community will do. Nobody updated the WX headers for 15 yet (I guess I should make myself useful). Repo includes all the libraries needed to build. MSE complains about the installer adware you don't need it just be sure to uncheck installer from the build configuration.

Last edited by DaMan69; 22nd September 2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:09 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
I have a question: How is that PJ64 2.2 is not portable? or are you referring to the type of cross-platform portability? because I can have different per game PJ64 2.2 setups without any writing to the registry.
Portability refers to neither of those two things.

Contrary to popular belief, cross-platform is just one key to portability. It's quite possible to write something that's multi-OS yet still have very poor availability to other systems and other conformant implementations of C as a specification.

As for the other thing (not writing to the registry, using local config files) I have no idea what idiot end user started that rumor. Because that has nothing to do with "portability"; that just means you can take the binary form of the pre-compiled Project64 and have it search for a relative directory on your hard disk instead of the infamous system registry that only Windows uses.
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:18 PM

I guess they started to call "portable" because the USB era allowed many programs and games to be just copied in it and then executed on a different machine without any installation procedure...

As of know many apps developers refers to "portable" when such app doesn't require any installation (thus writes on the registry)...

Emulation as I see it should be locally configured on a per game basis because there isn't any single config that will run optimally for everygame, I am happy that since PJ 2.X you can have it this way...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 22nd September 2015 at 05:25 PM.