Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 10th December 2017, 12:16 PM

Question Multiple controllers configuration? + Wireless xbox one controller issue

Hi,

Is there someone who can tell me how to configure multiple controllers in project 64 2.3 on Windows?

Before there was a drop down in each contoller tab to select the physical controler to connect to each input but now I can't find this drop down anymore.

When I connect several controlers on my PC, the first one works but the others don't.

Also I have a bonus question : How to make wireless xbox one controllers work? When I use the USB cable it works, when I use an xbox 360 controller with the wireless adapter it works too but with xbox one controllers it doesn't work wirelessly on bluetooth neither with the wireless adapter.

Thank you in advance for any help.
NEVdD

Last edited by NEVdD; 10th December 2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10th December 2017, 03:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The wireless adapter is different on xbox one and only some of the controllers have bluetooth.
Old 10th December 2017, 04:34 PM

Thank you for your answer.

I know this, I own the Xbox 360 and the xbox one adapter. My xone controllers have bluetooth, everything works fine with PC games.
I realise my bonus question wasn't clear, I should have said "How to make wireless xbox one controllers work with Project64?"

I'll try to use both xone controllers wirelessly with something that can use two controllers on PC just to validate that works too.

Last edited by NEVdD; 10th December 2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added precision
Old 10th December 2017, 04:44 PM

Ok, I tried Dolphin with two xbox one controllers using the Microsoft wireless dongle and it works as expected.

For each controllers in the program I have a drop down where I can choose the physical controler to use and all of them are listed. I can configure the buttons etc.

Old 11th December 2017, 06:18 PM

Smile How to use multiple controllers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVdD View Post
Ok, I tried Dolphin with two xbox one controllers using the Microsoft wireless dongle and it works as expected.

For each controllers in the program I have a drop down where I can choose the physical controler to use and all of them are listed. I can configure the buttons etc.

Ok so here's what you gotta do, you connect the controllers and when you configure it, make the player 1 controller bind all the buttons on the player one tab and then make player 2 controller bind to all the buttons on the player two tabs. I had the same problem too, but do this and both controllers will work. Now Mario Kart 64 muliplayer works like a charm
Old 11th December 2017, 07:05 PM

Thank you for your answer.

I did try this using two xbox one controllers connected through USB and I could only configure the first one.
Intrerestingly the second physical controller couldn't be configured neither on slot 1 nor slot 2.

I'll try again to be sure though.
Old 17th December 2017, 05:28 PM

I don't know why but today I tried again and it works (two xbox one controllers in wireless mode connected to the Microsoft dongle)

What I did
-Connected both controllers in USB
-Openned Dolphin (gamecube emulator) and configured both controllers in dolphin.
-Closed Dolphin
-Openned PJ64, openned controller config which was already configured in XInput for controllers 1 and 2
-Played a little in Mariokart, both controllers were working.
-Closed PJ64.
-Disconnected both controllers from usb and connected them to the Microsoft USB dongle
-Openned PJ64 with Mariokart and it worked.

I have no idea which step did solve the issue, I might try different steps later.

PJ64 2.3.2.202
Old 17th December 2017, 07:04 PM

I just had the same problem when setting up the program for the first time, however I got this workaround to fix it, at least with Mario Kart 64:
I am using 2 wired controllers, an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One controller (both also work with Windows-I am running Win 10). THey are connected using a 7-port USB hub (got one at Walmart).
I launched PJ64 and went into Options > Configure Controller Plugin...
For Controllers 1 & 2 I went into each tab and clicked both "Plugged" and "XInput" boxes. PJ64 apparently recognized both as Xbox 360 Controllers (360 & One controllers are the same except for the Xbox button). I then configured the layouts to my liking and then clicked Save. (I later did Save Profile)
I went back and tested on MK 64. Both controllers worked perfectly in 2 player mode. I plan to further test using a non-Xbox controller with an otherwise similar layout (Logitech Gamepad F310, a good "bargain/economy PC controller) for 3-4 player setups and also with other games.

Edit: Using version 2.3.2.202

Edit 2: You don't need to click XInput for Logitech controllers. I tried configuring my Gamepad F310 normally for Controller 3 and it worked perfectly with MK 64.

Last edited by DCRage; 17th December 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 17th December 2017, 07:45 PM

Thumbs up

I don't understand why but everything works fine now, I connected two xbox one controllers in bluetooth and even a 360 controller with the (old) microsoft adapter and it worked, tried on another PC, it worked too without doing anything special and Windows was still installing the controller's driver when I opened PJ64.
I think I messed up with the XInput option or something.

Anyway, I can play bomberman 64 with four players with wireless controllers, I am happy!

And thanks for the 64DD support added a while ago, I love the F-Zero extension, it calms the pain for not having any new F-Zero game for ~15 years
Old 26th December 2017, 06:13 PM

Just been looking on the forum for wireless controllers to work with Project64, hopefully for four player MK64 and found this thread. Am I right in thinking the only controller to work wirelessly is for the XBox One please?

I see some of you have used XBox One controllers with Mario Kart 64, what did you think please vs the original 64 controller? It’s getting harder and harder these days to repair or find half decent original 64 controllers so the thought of using something wireless that can still be bought new is really exciting.

And could someone add a genuine idiot proof guide on how to get them to work please?

Thank you for your help

Justin

Last edited by justin8571; 26th December 2017 at 07:13 PM.

Tags
bluetooth, controller, wireless, xbox one