Old 15th June 2015, 04:54 AM

Default audio is not sync?

i have downloaded and installed latest version, why audio is not sync?
Old 15th June 2015, 09:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Because you didn't tell it to
Old 16th June 2015, 12:31 AM

Nutshell: There are various games that have various issues with various audio plugins.
Old 16th June 2015, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 View Post
Because you didn't tell it to
i am american
Old 16th June 2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
Nutshell: There are various games that have various issues with various audio plugins.
can i use project 64 2.1.0.1? because some games has better audio sync
Old 16th June 2015, 07:25 AM

Well PJ64 2.2 has the most accurate DK64 intro with GLideN64 and Jabo's audio as far as I can get. I mean some words slightly go off sync at times but for the most part its in sync.
Old 22nd June 2015, 07:40 AM
Project Supporter

if you want perfect synced audio.. use GLideN64 for video(Best video plugin made, framebuffer effects even work with no slowdown, IE Pictures on the puzzle pieces in Banjo for example), Shuanyuan's HLE audio 1.6.3.1 and after you load a rom go into settings and under IT's settings uncheck fixed audio.. every game I have now is perfectly synced and every one of them need fixed audio unticked..other wise frame rate is screwy..unticking it it jumps to a perfect and unchanging 60 (Or 50) fps... and yes even Donkey kongs opening is perfectly synced

Oh and I also use the RSP from V1.5, 1.6 craps out on some games (Conkers, Banjo kazooie).. and the newest with 2.2 has a massive frame rate drop

I looked int he rdp so I could do a mass find replace to set all the games to have it unchecked but it isn't a listing in the database.. so it must be a hidden setting int he RDB or somewhere else
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:39 AM

I have a big problem with your solution: Unchecking Fixed Audio Timing breaks netplay quite badly. Something about CPU output not being deterministic.

So if you're going to follow any advice about disabling Fixed Audio Timing, keep in mind that netplay is a no-go. Not really relevant unless you have people you play online with.
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Wow haha. Some people must be living in the past . It boggles my mind how people can say certain software works perfectly, when that's far from the truth .

PJ64 2.2's RSP is the fastest version (when using HLE gfx) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_025 View Post
I have a big problem with your solution: Unchecking Fixed Audio Timing breaks netplay quite badly. Something about CPU output not being deterministic.

So if you're going to follow any advice about disabling Fixed Audio Timing, keep in mind that netplay is a no-go. Not really relevant unless you have people you play online with.
Generally, the audio is better with Fixed Audio Timing disabled, so that's why it's off by default in 2.2's RDB.
Old 22nd June 2015, 02:41 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Wow haha. Some people must be living in the past . It boggles my mind how people can say certain software works perfectly, when that's far from the truth .

PJ64 2.2's RSP is the fastest version (when using HLE gfx) .
Generally, the audio is better with Fixed Audio Timing disabled, so that's why it's off by default in 2.2's RDB.
dunno if that was directed at me or not, but EVERY game I have thrown at my setup has ran perfectly @ 60fps, no slow downs, no audio issues, frame buffer effects working... granted 99% of the reason is GLideN64 cause it blows all the other gpu out of the water and solved so many issues it's not even funny...but still... all I can go by is my experience... tell me a game that has difficulty, I can test it...screen shot the fps, etc...