Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

Old 21st February 2013, 02:03 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
I had no qualms with making SSSE3 baseline for x86 because, really, if you don't have it, you'll probably just be barely meeting the minimum specs for running the game anyways. SSSE3 is on my 2.4GHz dual core laptop from early '08...

I imagine that I'm leaving out a handful of AMD users, but such is life...
Yes, hapless AMD users like myself need to rot in hell for poor CPU choices. but when you think about it, $300 for a Ivy Bridge CPU aint that bad.

Quote:
Speed is a coincidence. If that was really the goal then people would not have issues with minimum system requirements as such if the emulator were non-CA.
Yes, nothing wrong with zilmar's approach (non CA LLE). Has benefits.
Old 24th February 2013, 02:05 AM

I'd just like to see that this is one of the best N64 games be emulated as close to real console... Banjo Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie has HD remakes on Xbox 360's XBLA, but the DK 64, by having characters belong to Nintendo, never had this remake... the only way you can play it in an similar experiment to the Banjo titles would be through emulation

I know it's hard but also know it's not impossible, because as already mentioned, the Banjo games run very close to the real N64

Please PJ64 developers, work on improving the emulation of this game
Old 24th February 2013, 02:30 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

we refuse.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 1st March 2013, 05:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I also like DK64, I hope the day he can run closer to real N64.
If the video plugin was updated...
Old 1st March 2013, 07:16 PM
Project Supporter

I do not see any use in a pixel accurate emulator since I want to play my games with massively enhanced graphics in 1080p, which is the only reason for me to use an emulator instead of the real system. It just looks so much better when played on a modern TV and is therefore much more fun compared to the ugly original ultra-low res graphics.

I also think that the goal of 100% perfect emulation is much easier to achieve with the HLE approach, since the number of games to emulate is very small and limited.
Old 3rd March 2013, 04:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

people have different goals.

Some like to masturbate to 1080p visuals, increased internal res and hires textures, others masturbate to raw unfiltered/unaltered pixels.
Old 6th April 2013, 08:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by et500 View Post
I also think that the goal of 100% perfect emulation is much easier to achieve with the HLE approach, since the number of games to emulate is very small and limited.
Come on! This again?

HLE means it can be perfect based on the software that's running.

You can port a game from N64 to Win32 native executable and it will run like a perfect replica of just one of the N64's softwares.

That is far from saying HLE allows perfect emulation of the hardware system.
It's very nice, but not necessarily fundamentally academic.

Honestly, how can you manage to be wrong about at least one thing every single time you make a post here?
You're a nice guy and all that, patient and generous and all that other side stuff.
But, I think you can do better.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Come on! This again?

HLE means it can be perfect based on the software that's running.

You can port a game from N64 to Win32 native executable and it will run like a perfect replica of just one of the N64's softwares.

That is far from saying HLE allows perfect emulation of the hardware system.
It's very nice, but not necessarily fundamentally academic.

Honestly, how can you manage to be wrong about at least one thing every single time you make a post here?
You're a nice guy and all that, patient and generous and all that other side stuff.
But, I think you can do better.
Sorry to bring the thread back on topic but what are these RSP upgrades you speak of? Can I give them a try?
Old 10th April 2013, 12:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lulz ^

Last night, I just rewrote the entire RSP divide system from the legacy controlled FP method zilmar/MAME was using (as of z64gl), to the official divide techniques installed to the most recent version of MAME (after z64gl was created to install what was the MAME RSP at that time). This improved Mario64 gfx flickering and fixed hardware T&L illumination effects in F3DZEX Zelda64 ucodes.

Lots of CP0 rewrites, controlled RSP CPU loop directly with SP_STATUS_HALT rather than relying on a BREAK to quit the task and nothing else (but, no games exploit this, so zilmar's RSP was safe from the bug).

Plus destroying and rewriting code several times over again every time I think of a structural improvement that benefitted the directness of R/W for some ops or other speed/accuracy gains.

Had to fix a bug making Zelda MM unplayable on the z64 RSP ... z64gl is not playable with ZeldaMM due to a missing opcode (BLTZAL, extreme rarely used and only in F3DZEX 2), unless you either use my RSP or zilmar's, but not ziggy's interpreter port.

Plus like, 20-800 other things, depending what makes sense to people / what they find worth caring.

A few people have helped me privately test the RSP, but I think there is so much information I might want to find out about what some games will exploit to help test the corner cases, I'm actually nearing the end of my infinite mindset of always having something to do to the RSP, meaning it's near a finishing point that I can release a test version.
I could probably try to give you a deadline but I don't see the point in that. It's closing in.

Last edited by HatCat; 10th April 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 14th April 2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfanatic View Post
Other emulators can not even run it, the Project64 is uniquely capable, it would be nice to see him get too run it on the same level of BK.

Why is PJ64 uniquely capable? Even these sellouts on Android are claiming to be able to run DK64