Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 23rd February 2009, 08:11 AM

Default Plugin not reconized

Hi all...

i am trying to import a different inputcontrol but its not accepting ir for some reason... the input plugin is from darkman and is downloadable on
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php...64plugins.html

i hope someone can help me with this..

thanks
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Where are you trying to import it from, you need to provide more specific detains, maybe SPECs too?
Old 23rd February 2009, 04:58 PM

thanks for your reply...

well i downloaded the plugin (zipfile) from the website i profided. In the zipfile there is a DLL file and some ini files. i place all files in the 'plugin' dir from project64, and normaly i now would be able to choose the plugin from the menu in project64. but this is not the case...
Old 23rd February 2009, 06:42 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Sounds like you did everything right, although I checked the web site and it says "Nintendo 64 Emulator Plugins" and not PJ64 Emulator Plugins. So it may very well be that this plugin is not supported, I would test it myself but I have class right now... perhaps later, or if someone was so kind to help you out before I have the pleasure myself...
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

All archived plug-ins follow zilmar's preliminary mapping designs; thus they will all function with Project64 and emulators in coincidence with that engineering.

I'm quite a collector of plug-ins, but I only have three controller plug-ins: Jabo's DirectInput for testing, N-Rage's awesome library, and zilmar's BasicKeyboard plug-in for other testing and showing off.

Did you try restarting Project64 after the installation? The plug-in does load for me. I'm also willing to stride into this plug-in is basically consumed in purpose by N-Rage's extension. Perhaps you are familiar with the overhauled fix for N-Rage's? Do you get any error messages on initialization before the list loads?
Old 24th February 2009, 09:18 AM

Hi all, thanks for your fast replies...

i am not sure what you mean with "I'm also willing to stride into this plug-in is basically consumed in purpose by N-Rage's extension. Perhaps you are familiar with the overhauled fix for N-Rage's?"...

but since it was loading on your PC it must be becouse of me or my PC. after reinstalling Project64, and removing all other all other emulators the problem was solved... i guess i was playing to much with all the emulators etc.

thanks again for your help, guys...
Old 25th February 2009, 12:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I've got other emulators all in the same folder except for--having installed Windows Vista--Nemu64.

I am sorry of the error. The following are corrections.

Mistake
"I'm also willing to stride into [that] this plug-in is basically consumed in purpose by N-Rage's extension. Perhaps you are familiar with the overhauled fix for N-Rage's?"
missing preposition, informal-type fragment at the end of second sentence

Corrections
"I'm also willing to sway away from the topic into that this plug-in is basically inferior to N-Rage's DirectInput8. Perhaps you are familiar with the overhauled fix for N-Rage's plug-in?"
"I am momentarily side-stepping into this plug-in's precession to the awesomeness of N-Rage's DirectInput8. Perhaps you are familiar with the overhauled fix for this plug-in?"

:P
Old 25th February 2009, 10:12 AM

haha thanks for your correcting information... and yes i am familiar with that plugin,... but making the darkman plugin work is just step one of many that follow... the next step is to edit this plugin to finetune it to my special needs (see also the other post i posted)

but thanks again for your help
Old 25th February 2009, 10:55 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Iconoclast making a major grammar mistake!!(?) :O WOW, when pigs fly! Never thought I would see this day or at least live to tell the tale.
Old 25th February 2009, 04:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
Iconoclast making a major grammar mistake!!(?) :O WOW, when pigs fly! Never thought I would see this day or at least live to tell the tale.
I find it funny that you point out Iconoclast's bad grammar, in a sentence containing grammatical errors