Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 3rd March 2011, 09:05 AM
Project Supporter

that was a miss-type.

What I meant was they didn't have modern GPUs, of course they had GPUs (or VPU in the case of the saturn, but that's just arguing semantics) and both could technically do gouraud shading, but the N64 had a GPU that did a lot out of the box, and just rendered things in a way that the polygons wouldn't flicker or warp, and just seemed to be generally more stable and smooth looking overall. (usually because of the more advanced shading and filtering options being available to developers out of the box)

It doesn't really matter though, I'm really not an N64 fanboy, in fact I like the other two consoles more usually based on the games available.

In anycase, you say corn eh?

I wonder how I could get ahold of mudlord.

EDIT:

hmm lovely, Corn doesn't run on my system currently, nor can I find any youtube videos of it

Last edited by panzeroceania; 3rd March 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:38 PM
Project Supporter

Take a look at this and get two questions answered.

1. corn doesn't work with XP, a I guess you found out.
  2. you really don't want to try to get a hold of mudlord.
  3. you can't anyway, he gets banned ever few months and gets a different name.
Old 5th March 2011, 01:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzeroceania View Post
In anycase, you say corn eh?

I wonder how I could get ahold of mudlord.

EDIT:

hmm lovely, Corn doesn't run on my system currently, nor can I find any youtube videos of it
It wasn't easy, but I got Corn to work here on Vista. I don't remember getting it to work on XP. I think you have to configure which core to use or something like that, unless there was a specific part of it that wasn't working for you. I'm afraid all of the gfx plugins I have installed to my shared emulators seating automatically support this Gouraud shading as a permanent feature, but I know Corn didn't look so shiny and smooth. Its compatibility is very low...I can tell you it should at least work with Mario64.

lmao, don't be afraid of mudlord; he doesn't always bite. Well I could ask him for you as well if preferred...he's an active contributor at EmuXHaven forums at the VBA-M emulator forum.