Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 20th April 2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deodorized
I'm trying to find the most "historically accurate" N64 controller for a PC, and not having much luck in the process.
To be frank with you I always hated the original N64 controller. They were bloody huge and really awkward to hold. Again this is just my opinion on the matter.

If you want the most "historically accurate" controller go buy a real N64 controller and find an adapter.

No idea how well it works, but that would be your best bet for most accurate (I think).
Old 20th April 2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post

Not to go off-topic, but I am curious why some competition would ban a keyboard lmao?! Without banning a lot of other controllers?

FLAT BUTTON KEYZ !! AGAINST DA RULEZ
Certain games, as well as certain competitions require that games be played on a N64 rather than an emulator, and you can't use a keyboard on an N64, so I need to find controllers that are as close as possible to the original.

Believe me, I'd be using a keyboard if it wouldn't be setting me back in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootaloo View Post
If you want the most "historically accurate" controller go buy a real N64 controller and find an adapter.
No idea how well it works, but that would be your best bet for most accurate (I think).
Thanks for the idea there, but those usb adapters, at least the 2 I've tried, constantly have half second lags in all inputs. :C
Old 20th April 2013, 11:33 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

All you have to do for a "long run" is just hold one key down all the time.

I don't see how that makes a keyboard set anyone back further than the use of a standard n64 controller. If anything, it makes the keyboard more relaxing in my overly time-biased experience.

But yeah, I heard emulators get banned.
Just had no idea you meant that, sounded like you said specific controllers were being directly banned.