#1  
Old 2nd June 2013, 04:59 PM
Lithium's Avatar
Lithium Lithium is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: hue hue br br
Posts: 68
Default Mupen64plus Mxe Daily Builds

Yesterday i was testing Mupen64Plus Mxe Daily build and this emulator is very good now, the bad thing is a lack of GUI or a better Frontend. This package contains a build of wxmupen64plus frontend too, but it is not complete and contains bugs.

If someone had the motivation to create a fork with a GUI or a really good frontend this emulator would be awesome.

With Fatcat's RSP this emulator works very fine with most games

This repository contains Mupen64Plus Mxe Daily builds
https://bitbucket.org/ecsv/mupen64plus-mxe-daily/src
Attached Files
File Type: 7z mupen64plus-mxe-daily-x86.7z (4.51 MB, 34 views)

Last edited by Lithium; 2nd June 2013 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2nd June 2013, 05:34 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,236
Default

Dammit, heh, stupid emulation wouldn't end. Had to force-kill the process image.

Not bad though, works pretty well.
That actually was my first-ever experience of using Mupen64Plus.

The GUI is unstable though but who cares; that's just some frontend extension I guess. A guy named nmn (lol, Narshal Nathers) did the Win32 GUI once.

I'm personally fine with programmers aiming for simplicity and making their applications GUI free, console-only, and requiring l33t console skills to set up the program to use different settings every once in a while.
Of all the suffering that goes on in this planet I don't think that should be considered abuse, just an artistic appreciation for simplicity of the solution.

Especially since most people in this world can never understand that appreciation.

What's with the M64 API, though...why not just use the DllConfig within the plugins to handle options, rather than embedding them into the emulator. Thought that would be more portable.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:01 PM
Lithium's Avatar
Lithium Lithium is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: hue hue br br
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Dammit, heh, stupid emulation wouldn't end. Had to force-kill the process image.

Not bad though, works pretty well.
That actually was my first-ever experience of using Mupen64Plus.

The GUI is unstable though but who cares; that's just some frontend extension I guess. A guy named nmn (lol, Narshal Nathers) did the Win32 GUI once.

I'm personally fine with programmers aiming for simplicity and making their applications GUI free, console-only, and requiring l33t console skills to set up the program to use different settings every once in a while.
Of all the suffering that goes on in this planet I don't think that should be considered abuse, just an artistic appreciation for simplicity of the solution.

Especially since most people in this world can never understand that appreciation.

What's with the M64 API, though...why not just use the DllConfig within the plugins to handle options, rather than embedding them into the emulator. Thought that would be more portable.
I had to force-kill the process image also, this happens ever if you don't use external window :/

The emulator is good, but the frontend is pretty unstable and incomplete.

Last edited by Lithium; 2nd June 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:15 PM
mudlord_ mudlord_ is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 381
Default

I was working on a GUI.

Expect to pay for it, and it will have DRM. So kiss your shitty AV goodbye.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:41 PM
doonoo1364 doonoo1364 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxatax View Post
I was working on a GUI.

Expect to pay for it, and it will have DRM. So kiss your shitty AV goodbye.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4th June 2013, 12:19 AM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,236
Default

LOL! ^Dude replying with user avatar has been sitting on my mind for days.

Less or more before mudlord changed it to a pile of shit.
And left himself a vBulletin visitor message, saying, "Fuck off. No one wants your shit."

Anyway, charging people for a Windows GUI sounds cool by me.
Impatient people pay more? Good enough to me, not a hopeless idea.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4th June 2013, 02:01 AM
mudlord_ mudlord_ is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 381
Default

Yeh, I got sick of the fact that there is no decent Windows GUI for mupen64plus. It was sorely lacking, so I am coding one. No ETA of course, and don't expect it to be released (makes things easier that way).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14th June 2013, 09:14 AM
GPDP GPDP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 146
Default

For what it's worth, Mupen64plus appears to emulate Rogue Squadron better and faster than Project 64 does, using z64gl and the CXD4 RSP. It doesn't have menu nor in-game graphics issues past a few minimal snags. I'm very impressed

The sound's kinda iffy, though. Often times there's a lag in between something happening and the sound effect playing. Could that be due to the buffer settings?

Anyway, with a working GUI, this could be a more than worthy alternative to Project 64.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14th June 2013, 09:22 AM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
For what it's worth, Mupen64plus appears to emulate Rogue Squadron better and faster than Project 64 does, using z64gl and the CXD4 RSP. It doesn't have menu nor in-game graphics issues past a few minimal snags. I'm very impressed

The sound's kinda iffy, though. Often times there's a lag in between something happening and the sound effect playing. Could that be due to the buffer settings?

Anyway, with a working GUI, this could be a more than worthy alternative to Project 64.
UI is not a issue.

Only very few games run better on mupen64plus than project64.

The audio is choppy and input is not responsive, just try RR64.
__________________
---------------------
CPU: Intel U7300 1.3 GHz
GPU: Mobile Intel 4 Series (on board)
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7 - 32 bit
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14th June 2013, 10:33 AM
GPDP GPDP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
UI is not a issue.

Only very few games run better on mupen64plus than project64.

The audio is choppy and input is not responsive, just try RR64.
Input is definitely an issue. I can't seem to set up my PS2 controller's dpad, for some reason, but the other buttons and even the analog sticks work well. As for the audio, I ended up having to disable vsync altogether to make it not be so choppy and drag down my framerate. And the lack of a good UI is just a small gripe of mine. I can do without it, but it would be nice to have.

Perhaps you should port your audio plugin to their spec?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.