Old 9th February 2015, 11:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

4 of those options in the RDB shown above, aren't even available RDB options in the 2.+ versions.

CustomSMM for example.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

That's because he tried to do shit at the last minute.

He probably saw it already, then went from his SSB @ < 1 VI/s claim to posting some shitty GIF at 30 VI/s with a last-minute "fixed" RDB.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Lol at the gif. Funny how my PJ64 says 2.1 and yours says 2.0 . Also HatCat was right that you didn't have the best settings.
I'm not a regular joe. The main issue is not Kaillera. The problem is the emulator. People just blame kaillera out of ignorance. PJ64k is bad and should never be used for online play. The ONLY good thing PJ64k has, is the ability to sync cheats and toggle them on and off during a match. At the same time, it doesn't even support activator codes...
NOPE
It's called bandwagon hopping dude. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's the best.
The reason 1964 is not used is because people don't know better. It's complete ignorance! Not only is 1964 the fastest modern N64 emulator, but has the best Kaillera implementation.

Since you want to talk about popularity, tell me why people still use Jabo 1.6 and Azimer's Audio 0.30 for SSB in Kaillera?

Tell me why people thought gameshark codes were required (to unlock all characters), when they could have just used Mupen64++ (which automatically syncs saves).
I'll continue having fun using the best setup for netplay. There's only 1 flaw with 1964 for netplay (when comparing with PJ64k and Mupen64++), and the fact that you have yet to mention it proves how unaware you are.
You can use activator codes.

Also people don't just use Jabo and Azimer audio, they also use Glide64 and Jabo sound plugins.

Also Mupen64k and ++ have had a gameshark feature that auto enables the full game of SSB64 not save states.

Emulinker is the problem, not kaillera. But I guess i'm too technical for you.

1964 cannot sync Mario Party, Go ahead and try, then tell me what you changed to make it sync because I remember specifically with 1964 multiple times years and years ago trying with someone and it never worked. I don't know what your obsession is ith 1964 but until you can provide evidence supporting your claims then you can shove it.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
That's because he tried to do shit at the last minute.

He probably saw it already, then went from his SSB @ < 1 VI/s claim to posting some shitty GIF at 30 VI/s with a last-minute "fixed" RDB.
um it was at 1 vi... at a black screen for a few seconds... Gayzo only records for so long. I truly can't comprehend your ignorance.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Free YouTube to GIF Converter $19.99
Old 10th February 2015, 02:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
You can use activator codes.
Not on PJ64k lol!
Quote:
Also people don't just use Jabo and Azimer audio, they also use Glide64 and Jabo sound plugins.
Most people seem to use Jabo 1.6 + Azimer 0.30 for smash bros on kaillera.. They think these plugins prevent desync ;/ .
Quote:
Also Mupen64k and ++ have had a gameshark feature that auto enables the full game of SSB64 not save states.
I haven't seen anyone get gameshark working for Mupen64k or ++.. I'd like proof.
Quote:
Emulinker is the problem, not kaillera. But I guess i'm too technical for you.
Yes emulinker is a problem, can't disagree with you on that one.
Quote:
1964 cannot sync Mario Party, Go ahead and try, then tell me what you changed to make it sync because I remember specifically with 1964 multiple times years and years ago trying with someone and it never worked. I don't know what your obsession is ith 1964 but until you can provide evidence supporting your claims then you can shove it.
From my experience, 1964 1.1 was the best Kaillera emulator. I've tried PJ64k, Mupen64++, and 1964 0.85 & 1.1. I'm not obsessed with 1964, even though it is my favorite N64 emulator. It just happens to have a lot of things I like (speed, user interface, zilmar spec, Kaillera, open source, etc). Maybe I'll start a repo sometime that has my fixes + other people's fixes. Aside from bugs that have already been fixed by others before me, it just needs to update the kaillera code a bit. P2P is good, after minor tweaking, but not sure if server works right.
Old 10th February 2015, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Not on PJ64k lol!
Most people seem to use Jabo 1.6 + Azimer 0.30 for smash bros on kaillera.. They think these plugins prevent desync ;/ .
I haven't seen anyone get gameshark working for Mupen64k or ++.. I'd like proof.
Yes emulinker is a problem, can't disagree with you on that one.
From my experience, 1964 1.1 was the best Kaillera emulator. I've tried PJ64k, Mupen64++, and 1964 0.85 & 1.1. I'm not obsessed with 1964, even though it is my favorite N64 emulator. It just happens to have a lot of things I like (speed, user interface, zilmar spec, Kaillera, open source, etc). Maybe I'll start a repo sometime that has my fixes + other people's fixes. Aside from bugs that have already been fixed by others before me, it just needs to update the kaillera code a bit. P2P is good, after minor tweaking, but not sure if server works right.
Jabo Direct3D7 (1.4 build) and Azimer Audio 0.30 were used by hotquik as the default plugins in his attempts to sync games over kaillera in his method. However somewhere down the line something happen with Kaillera (emulinker) and then games that worked (according to hotquik) like mario party broke and apparently the need to "force" plugins was also "unneeded" due to the new Emulinker. And eventually this was reverse engineered and then removed the actual requirement for the plugins. That was also done because Vista users could not use Jabo Direct3D7 and renaming the dll or hex editing the ASCII would result in several different issues.

Mupen64K had the specific codes for SSB64 to unlock Mushroom kingdom and All characters implemented into a .dll then called in the emulator. You can reverse engineer the .dll file and see it for your self.

And as for online insync game compatibility Mupen64++ is the best, PJ64k can run several games that you can find in the N64 library like Chess64 but the only real games it can sync are SSB Mario kart and Star fox 64. Where as mupen64++ is used for literally everything else. The only noteable exceptions are Mario Tennis and DK64. Maybe if 1964 can run those two games specifically, then it might be considerable to use for Kaillera.

And you can use activator codes online, not the GS button ones though obviously.

Last edited by =X= Smasherx74 =X=; 10th February 2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10th February 2015, 04:34 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
And as for online insync game compatibility Mupen64++ is the best, PJ64k can run several games that you can find in the N64 library like Chess64 but the only real games it can sync are SSB Mario kart and Star fox 64. Where as mupen64++ is used for literally everything else. The only noteable exceptions are Mario Tennis and DK64. Maybe if 1964 can run those two games specifically, then it might be considerable to use for Kaillera.
Dude PJ64k desyncs so easily, it's not even funny. I can't even play vses cpu's and expect to not desync. PJ64 2.1 is prolly the best emulator for DK64, but I'm sure Mario Tennis works fine in 1964.
Quote:
And you can use activator codes online, not the GS button ones though obviously.
Well that's hilarious if true, since nobody else knows about this.
Old 10th February 2015, 07:11 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Dude PJ64k desyncs so easily, it's not even funny. I can't even play vses cpu's and expect to not desync. PJ64 2.1 is prolly the best emulator for DK64, but I'm sure Mario Tennis works fine in 1964.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpYOc8OiIjk
Old 11th February 2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:

PJ64k doesn't desync "easily" its just highly dependent on Server and User connections, when compared to Mupen64k. Also if you look at networking PJ64k uses up tons of networks compared to other kaillera emulators. For example if your tether you would use Mupen64++ to connect to kaillera so you don't use up all your data in a few mins.

PJ64k just like other n64 emulators, it can reach the "maximum" sync time for kaillera, LAN is 18 mins, Exc 32, etc... However as i mentioned before, the server and user part fucks with PJ64k a lot more than mupen so it tends to desync more often especially with laggers. But you could Spam the CPU button and manage to Desync the emulator or you could use the Random map and possibly desync the emulator (slim chance you both land on same map it wont lol).

Also I highly doubt 1964 can sync Mario Tennis. I'm not too sure what the problem is but I think it's something to do with mempacks, because on Mupen64++ only the First player will have control, but the 2nd players controller will be "plugged in" just not functional.

And DK64 should ONLY work with AQZ due to the game's timing issues. From the very start is where DK64 desyncs for mupen, but I think someone figured a way to sync dk64 but I don't remember all I know is they used P2P.

Also lots of people "know" that activator codes work, they just automatically assume they do. I even made a Sm64 "multiplayer" gameshark code for Bosses using P2, P3, and P4 activator codes controlling enemy behaviors. This was way before skelux's multiplayer rom hack. It worked 100% fine over Kaillera, also SSB64 players who use my FD Vs Mode cheat code are using an activator code.

Last edited by =X= Smasherx74 =X=; 11th February 2015 at 03:13 PM.