Old 11th February 2015, 08:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
PJ64k doesn't desync "easily" its just highly dependent on Server and User connections, when compared to Mupen64k. Also if you look at networking PJ64k uses up tons of networks compared to other kaillera emulators. For example if your tether you would use Mupen64++ to connect to kaillera so you don't use up all your data in a few mins.
Dude yes it does. People even say that playing vs CPU's or picking random stage "causes" desync. You could be right about PJ64k using more bandwidth, but I don't see why it would.
Quote:
PJ64k just like other n64 emulators, it can reach the "maximum" sync time for kaillera, LAN is 18 mins, Exc 32, etc... However as i mentioned before, the server and user part fucks with PJ64k a lot more than mupen so it tends to desync more often especially with laggers. But you could Spam the CPU button and manage to Desync the emulator or you could use the Random map and possibly desync the emulator (slim chance you both land on same map it wont lol).
That's another thing I don't get. Why play on server, if there's some stupid time limit? AQZ ftw . The one thing I dislike about kaillera is how the audio is worse ;/ . AQZ with Mupen's nice, but I imagine it doesn't sync as well as PJ64 2.1 (with fixed audio timing on) or 1964 1.1 with Kaillera.
Quote:
Also I highly doubt 1964 can sync Mario Tennis. I'm not too sure what the problem is but I think it's something to do with mempacks, because on Mupen64++ only the First player will have control, but the 2nd players controller will be "plugged in" just not functional.
Maybe sometime when I'm bored enough, I'll try testing some of these games.
Quote:
And DK64 should ONLY work with AQZ due to the game's timing issues. From the very start is where DK64 desyncs for mupen, but I think someone figured a way to sync dk64 but I don't remember all I know is they used P2P.
Honestly, no emulator runs the game well enough, for my standards anyway.
Quote:
Also lots of people "know" that activator codes work, they just automatically assume they do. I even made a Sm64 "multiplayer" gameshark code for Bosses using P2, P3, and P4 activator codes controlling enemy behaviors. This was way before skelux's multiplayer rom hack. It worked 100% fine over Kaillera, also SSB64 players who use my FD Vs Mode cheat code are using an activator code.
Well the smash community has no clue about this, because everyone says activator codes don't work. The way they got around the issue, was by toggling codes on and off, while playing the game.

Last edited by RPGMaster; 11th February 2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 13th February 2015, 04:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

pj64k is bad mk?
Old 13th February 2015, 06:11 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

mk
Old 13th February 2015, 06:28 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

M'kay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0MmJHFdAg
Old 13th February 2015, 06:48 PM

READING its all about READING!

And if you have used an installer it is always best to go with no on pretty much anything that comes up.

Perhaps you should have looked for a more trust worthy place too download your version of the amulator....