Old 2nd July 2017, 03:26 PM

Default Maps not loading

I am playing Gauntlet legends. Whenever I load into the game, past character creation, the map does not load. It does load myself, monsters, and other things, but not the features of the map. Any help?
Old 2nd July 2017, 04:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I get a black screen using PJGlide and latest Project64-Video after pressing start game.

Rice video plugin is the only way I can play. Though the status bar gets corrupted and covers part of the screen and doesn't go away.

This game is not really playable at the moment. It can only run with hacks, which cause problems.

Edit:
There seems to be a bit of a standoff regarding this and WDC. People who can say they know how to fix a yielding problem won't do it until it's HLE'd. The only guy HLE'ing games cannot test his code because the yielding problem in HLE isn't fixed.
So it is unlikely to be HLE'd until it's possible to yield in HLE.

I can get it to run properly only with Project64 on default settings, but use GLideN64 in LLE. It's very slow.

Last edited by Frank74; 2nd July 2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12th July 2017, 05:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
Edit:
There seems to be a bit of a standoff regarding this and WDC. People who can say they know how to fix a yielding problem won't do it until it's HLE'd. The only guy HLE'ing games cannot test his code because the yielding problem in HLE isn't fixed.
So it is unlikely to be HLE'd until it's possible to yield in HLE.
Gauntlet's microcode has already been HLE'd. The only problem is that the cpu code tries to do some synchronization with the RSP. This game technically doesn't make the RSP do yielding like WDC does.

Yielding should be implemented last anyway, because that needs to be tested at run-time. The other code can be written without ever having to run the game.
Old 14th August 2017, 04:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
This game technically doesn't make the RSP do yielding like WDC does.
How is that so? Did you encounter what the yielding is for in your analysis?

I know from stepping through the commands and logging the loops that Gauntlets is a ways hazier with checking for the yield bit more conscientiously to be cleared than the Boss Games titles. I also seem to recall that a few HLE plugins HLE'd the yielding "out" more-or-less, which could explain RSP graphics bugs. So Gauntlets was able to get away with that, but depending on how it's used in Boss Games games maybe the context in which it's used is more fundamentally required.
Old 15th August 2017, 03:54 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
How is that so? Did you encounter what the yielding is for in your analysis?
Instead of setting the yield bit, it changes the DList code. The game makes the DList with the infinite loop set in place. Then after a while, the CPU removes the infinite loop. Idk what the cpu is doing, since I never bothered to debug the cpu, while debugging RSP.