Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 12th May 2011, 10:51 PM

Default Perfect Dark & Mischief Makers issue

Hi everyone,
i've got some problems with project64 1.6 and both roms.
For perfect dark the game keep freezing after a mission's ending, that's really annoying. I'd tried to change video, audio, controller plugin set many options as many topic on google say but nothing happen.
The game is really smooth but i can't play either in full screen mode.

For mischief maker the game run great, except for math's game : i haven't the numbers to win this game . I have an another problem with this game : i can't Fraps it. When fraps record the game run reaaaaaally slow and this is the only game that i can't Fraps.

Here's my config ( I5 2500k, HD6870, 4gb ddr3 ) w7 64b.

Thanks for helping me. ( Hope to be understable, english is not my primary language as you can see )
Old 12th May 2011, 10:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you change any of the per-game emulation settings?
Old 12th May 2011, 10:57 PM

Hi,
I edit my first post W7 64b

( I've just check the FAQ for mischief it's a known issue sorry about that )

I haven't change any values except for testing but i put them back to default just after the test
Old 12th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

For Perfect Dark, disable advanced block-linking, and make sure the self-modifying code method is set for testing to "Protect Memory".

If you still get crashes it's an issue specific to somewhere in your OS installation, but you can still work around it by using the "Interpreter" setting for the CPU core style--which will be significantly slower than the configuration above.
Old 12th May 2011, 11:11 PM

Same issue with your modif 1/2 at end of mission game crash
I will format in next day to see if windows is involved
Old 13th May 2011, 02:21 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't think the re-format would balance it out much since some of these game-specific incompatibilities come from the NTDLL module it seems. No doubt it's no better on Vista either; some people play the game with stability just fine on the re-compiler, while a few people on the other hand have something about their system that isn't compatible with Project64's implementation of it.

So if all of that is in good respect to the situation here you might want to give the "Interpreter" setting for the CPU core style a test if you haven't already. Again no doubt it will be slow as hell, but at least it will be useful to bypass any crashes you get when ending a mission. That way you can play the game on the re-compiler, complete the mission, make a saved state, switch to the R4300 interpreter, start the game up again with the saved state then proceed through the level finish cinema to make it out without crashing.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:26 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
So if all of that is in good respect to the situation here you might want to give the "Interpreter" setting for the CPU core style a test if you haven't already. Again no doubt it will be slow as hell, but at least it will be useful to bypass any crashes you get when ending a mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyusa View Post

Here's my config ( I5 2500k, HD6870, 4gb ddr3 ) w7 64b.
I don't know he has one h*ll of a computer
Old 13th May 2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
I don't think the re-format would balance it out much since some of these game-specific incompatibilities come from the NTDLL module it seems. No doubt it's no better on Vista either; some people play the game with stability just fine on the re-compiler, while a few people on the other hand have something about their system that isn't compatible with Project64's implementation of it.

So if all of that is in good respect to the situation here you might want to give the "Interpreter" setting for the CPU core style a test if you haven't already. Again no doubt it will be slow as hell, but at least it will be useful to bypass any crashes you get when ending a mission. That way you can play the game on the re-compiler, complete the mission, make a saved state, switch to the R4300 interpreter, start the game up again with the saved state then proceed through the level finish cinema to make it out without crashing.
I've just tested with the interpreter but same issue and no change about performance at all ( always smooth ). Thanks about the tips with the save state but always freezing after the mission . I got like 50% to go to the next mission without crash.

Last edited by iRyusa; 13th May 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 13th May 2011, 06:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

See if you can send me a saved state then before ending one of the missions where it still freezes.
Old 13th May 2011, 06:47 PM

Yup, i put it on megaupload : megaupload.com/?d=Q4DMY88S
( Can't post url without >5 post )

Tags
issue, mischief makers, perfect dark, problems perfect dark