Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 3rd January 2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
Yes it does. You install nGlide to its default install location..to the Windows system folders....not the pj64 folder....Then configure the settings of nGlide to use DESKTOP resolution or By App...and leave the PJ64 3dfx files alone...Vertical Sync works perfectly with it. You have to use the Glide64 plugin settings in Project64 for other options...
[NECRO]You are aware nGlide does nothing with Glide64 for PJ64, right?[/NECRO]
Old 21st January 2015, 03:56 AM

Default Error

Thank you, Wally for the information, very informative. lol I did read the tooltips. I'm saavy, and I followed your instructions. I'm still getting that Line: 258 error. I've been struggling with loading any texture packs for a few days now. I'm running WinXP. Before anyone says anything. I doubt it has to do with the amount of RAM anyone has, because I've noticed many people with higher end machines are getting the same error. Yes, I have tried PJ64 v1.6.
Old 21st January 2015, 05:56 AM
Project Supporter

@perfectwatson your graphics drivers/card are too bad or your RAM is too low, unless you actually tell your speccs we can't tell you if it's enough and or not , this error is the general exception error if something happens that PJ64 has no idea about what exactly went wrong, but didn't just outright crash.
Old 7th February 2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcodeplus View Post
[NECRO]You are aware nGlide does nothing with Glide64 for PJ64, right?[/NECRO]

nGlide is a universal 3DFX API installer for Windows...It installs like a Direct X Redistributable Package...and adds 3DFx acceleration to all programs that used VooDoo, Glide, Banshee and other 3DFx API calls...The built in PJ64 version of Glide64 requires the Glide3 API to make it more stable, otherwise you will crash PJ64 going to and from full screen mode while using it.

~Groucho Marx
Old 16th February 2015, 03:58 PM

The glide wrapper is statically linked to PJ64Glide64.dll i.e. it doesn't use any glide3x.dll/external glide wrappers..
Old 18th February 2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMan69 View Post
The glide wrapper is statically linked to PJ64Glide64.dll i.e. it doesn't use any glide3x.dll/external glide wrappers..
IF one wants to play in 4k resolution....or any resolution greater than 2048x2048, nGlide is absolutely necessary.

~Groucho Marx
Old 31st January 2017, 11:13 PM

Question No texture path.

Sorry to post on a 4-Year-Old tread, but take a look at this.
No Texture Path.png
As you can see, there is not an option for a "Texture Directory".
What do I do?
Old 1st April 2019, 02:53 AM

Talking Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
For Windows users:

1. Use the Glide64 plugin that comes with PJ64 2.1.

3. Create a folder named "hires_texture" without quotes (and with the underscore) in the following directory "C:\Program Files\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\" (or wherever the heck you installed PJ64 on your hard disk).

3a) If the compressed version of the texture pack has a folder in it named "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK", extract it directly into the "hires_texture" folder. If it doesn't...create one in the "hires_texture" folder and simply extract the textures into it.

3b) In the same "hires_texture" folder, create another folder named "cache".

4. In the Project 64 game launcher...press Ctrl+T on your keyboard to bring up the settings....and uncheck the box next to "Hide Advanced Settings" and in the Plugins settings...use "Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1" as the default video plugin. In the Directories settings...set the "Textures Directory" box to the folder you created in Step 3 and click on the bottom radial button... Of course click OK.

5. Configure the graphics plugin to the following:

5a) In the Basic Settings tab in the "Rendering" box...set your resolutions.

5b) In the OpnenGL box set the VRAM size to how much VRAM your computer has available. Check the box "Use Frame Buffer Objects". Turn on VSYNC and Anisotropic Filtering.

5c) In the "Other" box, set your screenshots to PNG and check the only box in there "Show texture enhancement options"....click OK.

6. Configure the Graphics Plugin again and head over to the "Texture Enhancement Options" tab and use the following settings.

6a) You might not need to use texture filters...but they smooth out text in some cases..those are optional...Set the Texture Cache to 300MB (or no greater than your available video memory) and check "Compress Texture Cache".

6b) In the "Hi-resolution textures" box set Format to "Rice format", check Alternative CRC Calculations, Use Alpha Channels Fully, and Compress Texture Cache boxes...and check "Save texture cache to hard disk".

7. Click "OK" and run the game....It will take a bit of time to load the textures on the first run, but when they are working right...it is amazing.

I hope that helped.
Hey man, I am a complete newbie when it comes to emulators so I want to reach out and say thank you for guiding us through that! I'm currently using 2.3 and everything you said worked just fine! I made an account just to say this so I hope you see that you helped someone out there!
Old 10th August 2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick28 View Post
Hey man, I am a complete newbie when it comes to emulators so I want to reach out and say thank you for guiding us through that! I'm currently using 2.3 and everything you said worked just fine! I made an account just to say this so I hope you see that you helped someone out there!
Hi there! I followed the same instructions, but it doesn't seems to work for me... should I make sure that I have the correct files in the texture directory? I'm trying with Mollymutt's SuperMario 64 textures...
Old 20th August 2019, 04:18 AM

Default How to install texture pack

Sorry if this is a duplicate its impossible to search for "how do you say thanks to a post".

I see this all the time throughout the forum, but I do not see the "Say Thanks" button or whatever it would be called. Is there a time delay from creating an account before these options are available or am I just blind?

Thanks

Tags
hd texture pack