Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 21st August 2014, 08:25 PM

Default How to install texture pack?

Hey guys, I just downloaded a HD Texture pack for Majora's Mask, and I have no clue on how to install it. Every guide I find is for 1.6 or lower, but I'm using 2.x.

Anybody here has any idea on how to do this?
Old 24th August 2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuincyDK View Post
Hey guys, I just downloaded a HD Texture pack for Majora's Mask, and I have no clue on how to install it. Every guide I find is for 1.6 or lower, but I'm using 2.x.

Anybody here has any idea on how to do this?
For Windows users:

1. Use the Glide64 plugin that comes with PJ64 2.1.

2. Download nGlide from here http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide and install it as you would DirectX for Windows...use the nGlide Configurator app as your setup for the Glide plugin (The UI is pretty straightforward).

3. Create a folder named "hires_texture" without quotes (and with the underscore) in the following directory "C:\Program Files\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\" (or wherever the heck you installed PJ64 on your hard disk).

3a) If the compressed version of the texture pack has a folder in it named "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK", extract it directly into the "hires_texture" folder. If it doesn't...create one in the "hires_texture" folder and simply extract the textures into it.

3b) In the same "hires_texture" folder, create another folder named "cache".

4. In the Project 64 game launcher...press Ctrl+T on your keyboard to bring up the settings....and uncheck the box next to "Hide Advanced Settings" and in the Plugins settings...use "Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1" as the default video plugin. In the Directories settings...set the "Textures Directory" box to the folder you created in Step 3 and click on the bottom radial button... Of course click OK.

5. Configure the graphics plugin to the following:

5a) In the Basic Settings tab in the "Rendering" box...set your resolutions.

5b) In the OpnenGL box set the VRAM size to how much VRAM your computer has available. Check the box "Use Frame Buffer Objects". Turn on VSYNC and Anisotropic Filtering.

5c) In the "Other" box, set your screenshots to PNG and check the only box in there "Show texture enhancement options"....click OK.

6. Configure the Graphics Plugin again and head over to the "Texture Enhancement Options" tab and use the following settings.

6a) You might not need to use texture filters...but they smooth out text in some cases..those are optional...Set the Texture Cache to 300MB (or no greater than your available video memory) and check "Compress Texture Cache".

6b) In the "Hi-resolution textures" box set Format to "Rice format", check Alternative CRC Calculations, Use Alpha Channels Fully, and Compress Texture Cache boxes...and check "Save texture cache to hard disk".

7. Click "OK" and run the game....It will take a bit of time to load the textures on the first run, but when they are working right...it is amazing.

I hope that helped.

~Groucho Marx

Last edited by Wally123; 24th August 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 24th August 2014, 08:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Omg are you kidding me? NGlide doesn't even work with "Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1"...
Old 26th August 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Omg are you kidding me? NGlide doesn't even work with "Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1"...
Yes it does. You install nGlide to its default install location..to the Windows system folders....not the pj64 folder....Then configure the settings of nGlide to use DESKTOP resolution or By App...and leave the PJ64 3dfx files alone...Vertical Sync works perfectly with it. You have to use the Glide64 plugin settings in Project64 for other options...

~Groucho Marx
Old 26th August 2014, 04:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
"Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honour, which is probably more than she ever did."
Old 26th August 2014, 04:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Ordinarily I'd say it would be the opportune time to ban wally for rapidly spreading misinformation.

However it's a good thing that nobody on here pays attention to shit anyway.
Old 26th August 2014, 07:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

So uhh Wally, which video plugin is faster for you? Glide64 Final, or PJ64's Glide?
I don't want assumptions either, just run the same part of the game with fps limiter off.
Old 31st August 2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
So uhh Wally, which video plugin is faster for you? Glide64 Final, or PJ64's Glide?
I don't want assumptions either, just run the same part of the game with fps limiter off.
I get a cap of 30 or 60 FPS depending on the game with limiters.

Glide PJ64:
120FPS with "fixed audio timing" not checked
150FPS with "fixed audio timing" checked

GLide64 Final:
120FPS with "fixed audio timing" game not checked
150FPS with "fixed audio timing" checked

A lot of the Glide plugin settings concerning texture enhancement are on a PC to PC basis. It sort of helps to read the tool tips.

~Groucho Marx
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:01 AM

Hey guys.

Thank you for the information here. It was really helpful.

The only think I changed in Wally123's tutorial was the nGlide. Instead of that one, I am using Glide for PJ64 2.0.0.1.

But the main thing nobody said in any thread I read was that I should use both the textures (those 700MB) and Djipi's .DAT files together in order to make it work.

So, I spent a lot of time trying to make Djipi's Cell Mod work without all the other textures... Maybe it is just because I am a newby... But anyway, I hope I can save someone's time with my post.

All the best
Old 3rd January 2015, 08:02 AM

I have a similar issue.
I swear I have everything set up correctly. I have followed all the instructions I can find.

Project 64 version 2.1
Super mario 64
I am trying to use the Mario Craft 64 texture pack here
onthegreatsea.tumblr.com/DOWNLOADS
I have a US rom

I did a clean install of project 64 and put the texture file (.dat) in project64 directory/textures/cache

I have changed the graphics plugin to glide 64 final ( I unloaded plugins to plugins/gfx and put the wrapper in the main directory)

When I start the game I get no indication of loading textures or anything, the game starts

Note: I am running project 64 in windows 7 compatibility mode and as an administrator

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Tags
hd texture pack