EXE : v2.4.0.1114
GFX : Project64-Video (v2.2.0.1114)
SPU : AziAudioNEW (v0.70)(2017-09-14)
INPUT : NRage(v2.5.3.1114)
RSP : RSP (v1.7.4.1114)
Old 23rd February 2015, 02:29 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Having a love for power isn't the only way to give rise to hate.

Total world peace would require shutting off all sources of hatred.
Old 23rd February 2015, 07:18 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Is this the Project64-forum?
Old 2nd March 2015, 04:29 AM

I would like to see more focus on accurate lens of truth emulation on majoras mask, and some better consolidation of the project. (More like dolphin, not having plugins to deal with and more people focusing on improving project 64 as a whole, instead of everyone working on their own plugins)
Dolphin has made more progress over fewer years on more complex hardware because they choose not to use plugins, leaps forward in emulation are placed in the core and people can adjust their core to work better with graphics or vice versa.

Overall, I want efforts on the project consolidated into 1 project, not 64 separate project.
Old 2nd March 2015, 05:17 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phly95 View Post
Dolphin has made more progress over fewer years on more complex hardware because they choose not to use plugins,
That has nothing to do with it.
Dolphin had their own reasons and their own problems they had to discuss with their own plugin system.

Their development has been socially outreaching to developers from all over since long before they had just recently given up on their own plugin specs.

Furthermore, a lot about RCP hardware is more complex than GCN hardware, so Dolphin is in some ways an easier emulator project to maintain than Project64 is. Just because a system is newer doesn't make it hands-down constantly harder to emulate in every single aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phly95 View Post
More like dolphin, not having plugins to deal with and more people focusing on improving project 64 as a whole, instead of everyone working on their own plugins
Plugins only have to be "dealt" with once they're moved from plugins into the Project64 core. You say that "leaps in emulation are placed in the core". Well that's not made any easier by statically linking plugin source with core source...because then the core source is surrounded with intervention from graphics, audio, input and RSP source which is no longer interchangeable for quick testing.

So core development would only be any easier when the only source to Project64 is the core source, not core + statically linked plugins or no plugins. Not the other way around.

In conclusion, it's only natural that people relate to Dolphin since it's the project that makes the most effort to appeal to end users on a day-to-day basis. However, that doesn't create any compatible bridges for valid comparisons/contrasts to other systems/projects. Again, they only recently killed off plugins because of Dolphin-specific reasons.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Is a windowed-mode-stretch-to-fit-screen like @ the most emus possible?
And may double-click to go fullscreen like with M64PY? (Mupen64Plus)
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:28 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Windowed mode stretch to fit window size is easy enough. I had that added already as of my OpenGL rewrite to angrylion plugin; in the config you can specify an exact screen size in pixels (not necessarily 640x480, could be 640x474, 666x333, 1337x101 who cares) and the emulation is stretched to that screen size.
Old 3rd March 2015, 07:43 PM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

The cheat GUI is a bit buggy (or at least incomplete). For example, when some one is creating a cheat using variables (xxxx.... xx??) in order to be able to save the cheat after adding the desired variables, you have to go back to the cheat window and and get rid of one of the ? so the variable window will grey out, and then you have to put back the ? so the variable screen is usable, and then the Add New Cheat option will be re-enabled. Sometimes after adding a cheat with variables, when you click on another cheat, the variables will be brought over to the variable window even if the cheat already existed and had no variables. It would be nice to see these two bugs fixed, along with the ability to add a higher than current number of variables.
Old 3rd March 2015, 07:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Windowed mode stretch to fit window size is easy enough. I had that added already as of my OpenGL rewrite to angrylion plugin; in the config you can specify an exact screen size in pixels (not necessarily 640x480, could be 640x474, 666x333, 1337x101 who cares) and the emulation is stretched to that screen size.
Canīt find
Old 3rd March 2015, 08:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Try looking. That usually seems to help.

Everyone else has been using the last version which supports it, so the only way I can know what you're doing differently was if you talked about it.

Tags
2.2, project64