Old 26th May 2015, 12:32 AM

Default Banjo-Tooie won't save my progress!!!

I'm playing b-t on pj64 2.1 because of the freezing issues on 1.6. It hasn't crashed yet so everything looks good. Except when I go to save in game and the main screen rolls after, I go to the game select screen and it lost my progress. It keeps trying to start the game from much earlier when I had 5 jiggys and 27 mins of gameplay. Now I have 28 jiggys and 108 mins of gameplay and it just disappears. The only reason I still have the data is from the save state. What is the deal with this? Never seen this prob before
Old 26th May 2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp08 View Post
I'm playing b-t on pj64 2.1 because of the freezing issues on 1.6. It hasn't crashed yet so everything looks good. Except when I go to save in game and the main screen rolls after, I go to the game select screen and it lost my progress. It keeps trying to start the game from much earlier when I had 5 jiggys and 27 mins of gameplay. Now I have 28 jiggys and 108 mins of gameplay and it just disappears. The only reason I still have the data is from the save state. What is the deal with this? Never seen this prob before
Firstly, PJ64 2.1 is outdated. You should preferably use 2.2 Secondly, my understanding is that saves for games like Banjo and Donkey Kong can become corrupted if you use save states. Thirdly, make sure Project 64 has administrative permissions.
Old 26th May 2015, 01:07 AM

I see. I'll try 2.2. The reason I save state a lot when playing tooie is that I'm afraid it will freeze and lose my progress. Guess its a two way street
Old 26th May 2015, 01:16 AM

What's wrong with 2.1?
Old 26th May 2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp08 View Post
What's wrong with 2.1?
A lot of incorrect default settings. Various bugs. Also, 2.2 comes with a version of Glide64 that works better than 2.1's

Worth noting, also, that pressing ALT+V will enable per-frame framebuffering with Glide64 -- this will fix some missing visual effects in Banjo.

Last edited by Ambient_Malice; 26th May 2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 26th May 2015, 03:17 AM

I tried 2.2 and have the same issue. It would sometimes save correctly and then revert to old save again. Problem is its not saving so I don't have a way to back up my progress and test everything. Which of the save files should I delete? And which file would cause the game to think back to the save two days ago?