Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 26th January 2016, 01:56 AM

Default Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 Texture Pack For Grabs...

***UPDATE 2/15/2016***

RICE version conversion is complete! (details below)

I've had this texture pack for a while, but I guess I never really thought to share it considering how wrestling is "uncool" and few may be interested as a result. Be that as it may back when the AKI games were released wrestling was VERY cool. Anyhoo, the point being is that I have created a Texture Pack here with some good news AND some bad news. The GOOD news is that the Texture Pack works fine. The BAD news is that I made this pack a few years ago and it works ONLY FOR JABO's video plugin. Early on I preferred Jabo over RICE simply because Jabo seemed to load textures MUCH faster. So, I chose Jabo. It is useless as a RICE texture pack. Now there used to be a "quasi" conversion tool that would take dumped Jabo texture files and RICE texture files and overwrite matching hex code or "something" like that. It'd be FAR too painstaking to manually convert these to RICE, but anyhoo...

With that out of the way, the texture pack and mempak file includes the necessary images for the superstars included. Some superstars however are incomplete (I'll specify in list). The idea behind this pack was sort of a pseudo "invasion" featuring the Superstars of the WWF and a couple from WCW.

The list:

The Undertaker (and 4 attires)
Kane (1 attire copied to remaining 3, original face/chest texture restored if he's busted open)
Shawn Michaels (1 attire not copied to remaining 3)
Bret Hart (and 4 attires)
The Rock (and 4 attires)
Steve Austin (and 4 attires)
Hulk Hogan (and 3 Hulk-a-Mania attires and 1 based on initial NJPW stints - WCW, but come on... WWF guy)
Sting (and 4 attires - WCW guy)
Vince McMahon (and 4 attires) (can't remember if I made moveset)
Paul Bearer (and 4 attires) (No moveset, Manager so... come on)
Cactus Jack (has face and shirt but incomplete moveset and pants, 1 attire)

Aaaaaaand I think that's it. All the above (unless stated otherwise) have their ABSOLUTE right movesets. I know this because I'd run two emulators side by side with either WCW/NWO Revenge or WrestleMania 2000 on one side and VPW2 on the other when creating them. Every nuance is there, which is what made the AKI wrestling games SO great! With every subsequent AKI game came ALL the moves of it's previous game. Also except for Cactus Jack and Kane I'm pretty sure every Superstar I've listed can bleed AND maintain their proper texture (Vince may be up in the air) Although I can't swear by it. I tried to give them the closest entrance music to them as I could and think I did a pretty good job. Anyhoo...

INSTALLATION:

- Place "texture-load" in the directory of PJ64 1.7 (or above)
- Place ް ڽ 2.mpk where ever you have your saves stored (Save folder in directory by default)
- Open the "settings" under Options within Project 64 and choose Jabo 1.7xx under Video (graphics) plugin
- Click OK and INVADE!

Forgot to mention that the names are in Japanese. It was done so in an attempt for consistency purposes on MY part as I decided against renaming the ENTIRE roster in English. Plus doing so made these guys feel more legit (as if unlocked through GameShark or through Super Duper Hard Difficulty Story Mode!).

Here is the Download link
Jabo: http://1drv.ms/1Pyehdv
Rice: HERE

Jabo's how to remains unchanged, but for Rice extract the .RAR into Project64 2.2\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture (or where YOU store texture packs). An .mpk file is included and needs to be placed in the SAVE folder. This is where the Superstars in question are stored. From there you can copy them (in game) from the card and into the game. This Rice version is a bit more updated as Cactus Jack has his complete moveset and everyone bleeds properly when busted open.

If issues arise where the textures aren't loaded be sure to have edit mode checked in the graphic settings and press the "R" key to "reload" textures. Also make sure you have the textures in the proper directory.

Preview: Hogan vs. Sting vs. HBK vs. Misawa

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 15th October 2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Update
Old 26th January 2016, 02:05 PM

No Roman Reigns 4/10
Old 26th January 2016, 04:41 PM

HA! HA! xD
Old 15th February 2016, 10:23 PM

Default Updated Rice pack

I've converted the Jabo textures I created to Rice. To whom it may concern... have at it!
Old 14th March 2016, 02:48 PM

Talking

Thanks to this Gawker trial its going to be while before I can look at Hogan without lolling.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:16 AM

PLEEEEEAAAASE reup this!!!!! I must have this pack for Rice
Old 15th October 2016, 05:24 PM

Fixed!

Click "HERE" at the top and follow instructions.
Old 28th March 2019, 12:29 AM

How is this done, I have been wanting to do this for a long while
Old 29th March 2019, 12:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Did you even read the post?
Old 31st March 2019, 04:28 PM

Yes, and I got how to use this but I would like to know how to do this, I would like to update a few games with better textures.