Old 21st April 2018, 02:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Its a nice gesture, but there are several GFX bugs with that hack. I hope that someone takes the time to add the missing animation frames to the models, and sort the camera bugs out.

Loads of work still left for Kaze. I hope that there was enough of a response from the community to have him sort through the issues.
Old 1st May 2018, 07:16 AM

Hello to everyone

Can someone make a code to force 60 fps on the game "Tsumi to Batsu - Hoshi no Keishousha" (Sin and Punishment: Successor of Earth) ?

Playing this game at 60 fps would be amazing

EDIT: You can unlock an option (when you complete the game) to play at turbo speed, (the fps meter says 60 fps) but
the game goes double speed. It would need a slowdown code to accompany its overly-fastness

Master Code:

F1046150 0000
F1046152 0000

Unlock All Options:

81075DD8 FFFF

Last edited by pepodmc3; 1st May 2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 18th December 2018, 06:39 PM

Default My 60fps Compendium

Now you can see why it never made it to PS3 and Xbox360. Wii U has 1gig of ram compared to Xboxs 512 and PS3 256. PS3 would have 6 cars on track to run at 30FPS.
Old 18th December 2018, 08:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Bad luck,its another one of those games that uses software functions to make it 30fps.
Mega Man 64 is another one of those cases,also seems to appear a lot on many other Japanese exclusive games.

You can observe this with the cheats below.

TSumi No Batsu - Hoshi no Keishousha (J)

Frame Rate Timing Control?
80060C03 00xx
80060C33 00xx
01=Fast 60fps
02=Default (30fps)
03=20fps (makes audio lag,unless correct settings are used,then it becomes a lag removal code with oddball fps inaccuracies)
Old 28th December 2018, 03:23 PM

Sin and Punishment and Wave Race at 60fps would be a dream come true…

I have some requests mainly for racing games, since I feel that this is probably the genre that benefits the most from 60fps.

Hydro Thunder (this would actually be a very big deal because no version of HT runs at 60fps, even the Dreamcast version is locked at 30fps!)
Extreme-G
WipEout 64
Ridge Racer 64
1080 Snowboarding
San Francisco Rush 2049
Beetle Adventure Racing

Goemon's Great Adventure
Star Fox 64
Doom 64
Old 28th December 2018, 06:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sin and Punishment - no (hard-coded)
Wave Race - no (hard-coded)
Hydro Thunder - revisit (but believe its hard-hardcoded)
Extreme-G - Yes
WipEout 64 - revisit ( needs pacing hard-coded)
Ridge Racer 64 - no (hard-coded)
1080 Snowboarding - no (hard-coded)
San Francisco Rush 2049 -revisit - (no luck)
Beetle Adventure Racing - Already 60fps
Goemon's Great Adventure - no (hard-coded)
Star Fox 64 - no (hard-coded)
Doom 64- Yes (demo input issues)
Old 28th December 2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy181 View Post
Beetle Adventure Racing - Already 60fps
I recently played this game the past week and can confirm that this is not 60 FPS. This game has a very unstable FPS Rate too. But when it´s stable, then the highest it seems to be under 30 or so.
It would defenitly need a 60 FPS Code.
Old 13th March 2019, 11:29 PM

Default My 60fps Compendium

A bigger Map, or another map would be fun too. And are there plans for Multiplayer?
Old 14th March 2019, 06:28 PM

I recently saw the Youtube video of Kaze's 60FPS patch for SM64 and really got impressed at how he achieved this. Sadly there are still minor and some major bugs, mostly visually. The thing is that he uses a bsp patch that cant be applied on anything except the vanilla (U) edition while most of us use the extended version because is simply more easy to mod or hack or cheat or whatever. So though I would like to help and sink hours on helping fix the remaining bugs I cant do anything, there is also no post or dev notes how he did it.

Perhaps our seasoned master cheater Retroben can help us here, the remaining list of bugs in order of importance are:

*Glitched effects on the ending sequence (too distracting and the only thing I want to be fixed)
*Flickering letterboxing bars at ending sequence (may be easily fixed by applying same method as OoT removing the bars via a cheat code)
*Camera Bug at Dire Dire Docks course, when you pass through the underwater tunnel, the lakitu camera just make a 360ºC suddendly change leaving you disoriented for a few secs
*Glitched Menu Options subscreens (really really minor, I never use the options in this game so I mostly reporting it for the sake of it)
*Half-speed duration for the underwater shell boost item (again really minor but the bug is there)
*Some glitched animations here and there, Bowser's fight tail spin at half frame rate, lava bubbles seems static not animated because double speed and some Mario animations still ran at 30FPS

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 14th March 2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 14th March 2019, 06:48 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Unfortunately,I don't know much about SM64's internal workings so I don't have any idea how to tackle those issues because I don't even understand how his 60fps hack works.

All the same for wishing there was an attempt at a 30fps or 60fps hack for Zelda OOT using the same method done in SM64 or something similar since the fast speed is achieved differently on Zelda OOT with 3 addresses that control frame rate regardless of the game's pace which causes a super speed 60fps with working physics but audio bugs when entering some areas if starting at 60fps.
A possible solution to fix that would be delaying the 60fps until after you enter an area like lost woods bridge in the day from Hyrule Field but you still don't have the pacing fix via interpolation using ASM hacks.