Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Cheats

Old 29th December 2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
**When you use the camera in first person in GLideN64, the Link's hair block up part of your vision, this does not happen with the video plugin Jabo Direct3D8 v1.7.0.57-ver5, but in GLideN64 the pause Subscreen Delay was fixed not in Jabo's video plugin.
That's because Jabo's lack proper emulation of the Near Z plane, you will see this by watching carefully the intro when Navi fly under Mido and the camera wrongly shows you some portion below the ground...

Glide64Final, GlineN64 and other plugins fix this by inserting a hack routine...

Your second problem (the Subscreen Delay is easily fixable via Gameshark Codes) but Jabo's plugin is not recommended for OoT general gameplay as its Near Z plane emulation is bugged and its too distracting to watch the void every time you are close to a wall...

I like the way your project is heading, I wish I could have the time I had before (I got a very demanding full time job with leaves me with little to no time for hobbies, so all my projects and WIPS are in a permanent hiatus ), but I too researched some time ago a way to disable the unnatural culling in OoT, you may check how it is tweaked in the emulated version that runs in Dolphin, in their wiki there are posted codes that either disables the draw distance or the frustrum culling along with widescreen codes, I never had the opportunity to test and port those codes to the N64 rom because I didn't had an AoB of that memory section nor their original values because I dont own the Zelda Collector's Edition for the GameCube...
Old 30th December 2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinra358 View Post
Also, at the entrance of the temple of time, the smoke halo above death mountain is off centered now.
As for the hair, maybe you can find an offset that makes the hair invisible in 1st person view only?
The smoke halo problem in the death mountain is because the background is a pre rendered image, and when you extend it to widescreen, the smoke halo is left out of place, the same happen in the door to the room where the guard is and where are pots of rupees, it is in the street just after entering the bridge from Hyrule Field to Hyrule Town Market.
Regarding to find an offset that makes the hair invisible in 1st person view, it would be interesting, since TLOZ Ocarina of Time is best seen in GLideN64 than any other video plugin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
That's because Jabo's lack proper emulation of the Near Z plane, you will see this by watching carefully the intro when Navi fly under Mido and the camera wrongly shows you some portion below the ground...

Glide64Final, GlineN64 and other plugins fix this by inserting a hack routine...

Your second problem (the Subscreen Delay is easily fixable via Gameshark Codes) but Jabo's plugin is not recommended for OoT general gameplay as its Near Z plane emulation is bugged and its too distracting to watch the void every time you are close to a wall...

I like the way your project is heading, I wish I could the time I had before (I got a very demanding full time job with leaves me with little to no time for hobbies, so all my projects and WIPS are in a permanent hiatus ), but I too researched some time ago a way to disable the unnatural culling in OoT, you may check how it is tweaked in the Emulated version that runs in Dolphin, in their wiki there are posted codes that either disables the draw distance or the frustrum culling along with widescreen codes, I never had the opportunity to port those codes to the N64 rom because I didn't had an AoB of that memory section nor their original values because I dont own the Zelda Collector's Edition for the GameCube...
Thank you very much for the information about the plugins that you just have shared Marcelo_20xx, I don't knew that problems in Jabo's video plugin. With the GameShark code I've shared, GLideN64 is the only one with the problem of Link's hair that block part of the screen in first person view.
I've also seen the Action Replay codes of Widescreen in Dolphin and I realized that GameCube games have more and better codes in this emulator. I wish that the creators of these Action Replay Codes for Dolphin, had ported it to the Nintendo 64 version, since I am in the same situation as you. Nothing would make me happier than the GameShark codes that I've shared were perfect, but so far this is what we have.
And don't worry, is good that you have a full time job right now, real life is first!!!
Old 11th January 2016, 10:42 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Found a problem with the new code. As adult link, follow the road over to lon lon ranch. Have it still be in the distance but as long as you can see it to your right. Play the sun song a few times. Link's animation will freeze eventually and you will no longer be able to move.
Old 15th January 2016, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinra358 View Post
Found a problem with the new code. As adult link, follow the road over to lon lon ranch. Have it still be in the distance but as long as you can see it to your right. Play the sun song a few times. Link's animation will freeze eventually and you will no longer be able to move.
Sorry for the late reply, shinra358. Can you try the new code? You can find it in post #5.
Old 15th January 2016, 05:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hair in first person seems fixed.
Ztargetting in hyrule field seems fixed.
Ocarina freeze in hyrule field seems fixed.

However, widescreen culling is back. Turn into child link and walk around hyrule market and you'll see ppl disappear near the edges of the screen again.
Old 15th January 2016, 06:26 AM

OK shinra358, thanks for the feedback, but something is wrong. Maybe you forget activate the code. In my OOT (U) v1.1 there is not culling in Hyrule Town Market.
Old 15th January 2016, 07:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I didn't forget to activate the code. Trees and bushes can be seen in the far distance without reappearing. I quit and restarted the game 3 times to test something. The code is activated.

Proof: https://youtu.be/iEymUS9yzso

Last edited by shinra358; 15th January 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 16th January 2016, 04:36 AM

Thank you very much for record the video & upload it to YouTube, shinra358. Your video clearly show that the GameShark Code is the same and already is activated. The original "Extended Draw Distance GS Code" can be activated in game and instantly makes effect; I can't say the same for "Widescreen Render Fix".
I failed to explain that "Extended Draw Distance GS Code a little bit tweaked", need to be activated before the game starts.
Go to Options>Settings>Advanced>And check the option "Remember selected cheats", start your game and activate "Extended Draw Distance GS Code a little bit tweaked" and close PJ64.
Run PJ64 and start your game, I hope that you don't experience more culling in Hyrule Market.
My apologies to all of you for not clarify how the new code works.
I thought that you forgot to activate the code because I still having the problem of the Link's hair blocking part of my vision in 1rst Person View in the video plugin GLideN64.

OMG, Marilyn Sue is a lovely character!!!

Last edited by darkludx; 16th January 2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 16th January 2016, 09:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I already had those settings checked. Remember, I said that I closed project64 and restarted it about 3 times because I was testing something.

Old 17th January 2016, 06:42 AM

I've updated the post #5 with a new GameShark code.
Can you try this new code, shinra358?
I really appreciate the time you've been using to testing my code, if was not for your help, I could think that my code works perfectly when it is not true.
Thanks a million!!!

Tags
draw distance, gameshark code, ocarina of time, render fix