Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 18th July 2013, 03:01 PM

Lightbulb Installing a texture pack for 2.0 and 2.1

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to please give the specific and simple, easy to understand, step by step instructions with screenshots...on how to install custom texture packs. I have seen a post about a problem with installing them where the user said he solved it but never specified the steps taken to do it. I have been searching everywhere and cannot find how to do it for 2.0 or 2.1. I ask that someone please provide instructions so everyone who may not be as technically savvy as the rest of us can enjoy the texture pack enhancements.

Also...it would be very wise to add those instructions to the help guide for version 2.2
Old 26th July 2013, 11:55 PM

Using 2.1 this is what worked for me

Gfx Plugin -> Glide64 for PJ64: 2.0.0.1

Go into the plugins settings, check show texture enhancement options. Close and re-open. Under Texture enhancement tab choose Format: Rice format and click best performance preset at the bottom then hit ok.

Then place your texture pack folder in the Textures folder which should be in the root folder for Pj64. Then start the rom and it should load it.
Old 11th August 2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare644 View Post
Using 2.1 this is what worked for me

Gfx Plugin -> Glide64 for PJ64: 2.0.0.1

Go into the plugins settings, check show texture enhancement options. Close and re-open. Under Texture enhancement tab choose Format: Rice format and click best performance preset at the bottom then hit ok.

Then place your texture pack folder in the Textures folder which should be in the root folder for Pj64. Then start the rom and it should load it.
Man.... for the last 2 and half hours I have been trying everything. I googled everything I could think of that would help but no luck. I finally decide to come here, see this post, and bam, you made it all work.

Turns out I wasn't choosing the Rice format under the Texture Enhancement tab, and that was literally the only thing I needed to do!

Anyway, thank you so freaking much! I love you!