Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 25th November 2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxelbuffer View Post
lolbutt

In all seriousness though, do you find a game to play by choosing File > open rom > %Previouslymentionedrom%? Or do you have a directory set? If the former, choose the latter. If the latter, does it say it's compatible? Even so, try another rom anyway.
Actually, the ROM is compatible; and i do the File > open rom > %Previouslymentionedrom%. i used this method before, and it worked fine. same computer, everything.
(P.S. is your profile pic Mewtwo?)
Old 25th November 2012, 06:11 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendude64 View Post
while i was playing the game
Always a possibility. I assume you've tried downloading it and/or the emulator and re-testing.

Quote:
Actually, the ROM is compatible; and i do the File > open rom > %Previouslymentionedrom%. i used this method before, and it worked fine. same computer, everything.

(yes, yes it is)
Old 25th November 2012, 03:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, that's only like his 23rd avatar here. It says so in his avatar definition page.

Hasn't really changed much of anything since, though. His profile is always the same pretty much.
How dull.

Quote:
Actually, im not pissed about the power outage... those tend to happen. I am just thinking the ROM may be corrupt because of the power outage and the fact that it happened while i was playing the game.
Mmm, it's corrupt because so far you haven't tried any of the ideas I wrote out to isolate the *real*, exact problem, except my fourth idea where you check the ROM browser to see if the database recognizes the same settings.

You say you have no "known" Direct3D issues, but what is that supposed to mean? Is that just your way of saying you haven't considered it enough to know of any? Or is that just you not wanting to consider any alternative, logical explanations to why you have this sudden fault with Zelda OOT, other than the first one that seems logical to you?

Because a power outage by itself is not a logical cause. A power failure can *cause* a corrupt disk write or maybe mess with the data, but just suddenly having the power forced off on you has nothing to do with an emulator suddenly not working. It can be an *indirect* cause, but unless you plan on answering the troubleshooting ideas and questions posed in this thread then it doesn't seem like you genuinely want to find out what that is so we will be unable to help you further.

Last edited by HatCat; 25th November 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Tags
1.6, games, legend of zelda