Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 26th February 2017, 08:19 AM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 648
Default

Earlier 2.x versions: Savestates prone to crash,other things crash easier,and realtime cheat functions are trashed.

Current 2.x version/s: Behaviour changes that go against my code hunt methods,savestates still may be sketchy,and realtime cheat functions are STILL trashed despite the few mentions of a fix that Mupen64Plus (M64+ AE) has that works splendidly.

The realtime cheat fix would prevent the need of savestate spamming so often,while also noting its now impossible to use that method because the memory viewer closes upon loading a savestate,making the fix for realtime cheats not as good for anything more than better codes that are already found and risky attempt combos before loading back to a stable game state,provided it doesn't crash randomly.

Also,the site I linked seems to even have the ancient versions of PJ64 as well,so that is pretty nice if anyone wants to check them out for some fun,or for in-depth testing of various things.

That is if they even open/don't BSOD on Windows 10...
Guess that could be avoided by VM or Wine or whatever else runs stuff with mostly full feature access in simulated older Windows OS version programming.
  #12  
Old 26th February 2017, 06:47 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,971
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Earlier 2.x versions: Savestates prone to crash,other things crash easier
I don't recall having any significant save state issues besides some audio stuff and other miscellaneous things I improved . I guess there are still games like turok with potential problems, but simply pressing F7 a few extra times isn't the end of the world. I bet 1.7 has the same issue in Turok anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Current 2.x version/s: Behaviour changes that go against my code hunt methods,savestates still may be sketchy
Can you elaborate on this? What changed? I'm pretty sure that the savestate functionality is better than any previous version of PJ64.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
The realtime cheat fix would prevent the need of savestate spamming so often,while also noting its now impossible to use that method because the memory viewer closes upon loading a savestate,making the fix for realtime cheats not as good for anything more than better codes that are already found and risky attempt combos before loading back to a stable game state,provided it doesn't crash randomly.
Honestly, I'd rather just use Nemu for making cheats. It is far better suited for that task, if the game actually works . I bet Nemu has better performance than 1.7 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
That is if they even open/don't BSOD on Windows 10...
Guess that could be avoided by VM or Wine or whatever else runs stuff with mostly full feature access in simulated older Windows OS version programming.
Bruh, do you even use the newest version of PJ64?? The BSOD issue has been solved a while back. I haven't seen any complaints since then.
  #13  
Old 26th February 2017, 07:55 PM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 648
Default

The last part,I was talking about the ancient versions for 1.5 and older,down to the earliest 1.0 version to test for interesting results,there is a higher risk of crashing to a BSOD than 1.6 and newer.

I missed out on the 1.0-1.5 days,so it would've been interesting to see it run on Windows 7 or even Windows XP while Win10 might keel over on even older versions for whatever odd reason,even though the Win10 side of PJ64 problems has also been fixed.
  #14  
Old 26th February 2017, 08:07 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,971
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
The last part,I was talking about the ancient versions for 1.5 and older,down to the earliest 1.0 version to test for interesting results,there is a higher risk of crashing to a BSOD than 1.6 and newer.

I missed out on the 1.0-1.5 days,so it would've been interesting to see it run on Windows 7 or even Windows XP while Win10 might keel over on even older versions for whatever odd reason,even though the Win10 side of PJ64 problems has also been fixed.
My bad . I'm sure 1.4 - 1.6 were fine though.
  #15  
Old 28th February 2017, 03:38 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Well I know there was one on GSHI claiming to be 1.7.0.55 though,so that's another build.

I just didn't dig around for any random version,it was timing that nailed me b23 from that one day it was briefly available before being taken down.

Edit: Also,got a little sick today,so that's why no codes or anything.
Still don't care.

Still was talking about 1.7, not 1.7.0.55. There were no source leaks to 1.7.anynumberyouwanttoputhere.

The binary builds themselves being leaked became quite a popular thing to do for every single version after the point in time at which cracking the protection became little more nuisance than monotony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
That request wasn't by me lol.
Even if you're not aware of that request being by you, it still is when grandmother theboy181 says so.
Like that pizza you wanted so badly in order to make DLLs.

Think about it. "request by developer" would make more sense, but what "user" in its broadest terms would want the source to an outdated version? Wouldn't it be more persuasive to call it a developer, in order to get people to send the source? Except that would be too constrictive of the possibilities...if he had said that, then who else but you? If instead he should say "user", then it could be either you, or, well, just a recursive evasion to ExtremeDude's question by answering "Why do you want it?" with "Request from myself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
zilmar has already mentioned in the past that the source for 1.7 is available anyway .
If you can figure out which SVN ID corresponds to which, then yes.

It doesn't matter though, not now. Back then 1.7 source was a very big deal since there were no updates to Project64, 1.6 was ancient yet more stable, and nobody had 1.7 source access. Even the other team members or developers.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.