Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16th July 2015, 07:48 AM
Scrotty Scrotty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Default Any issues with Windows 8.1?

I remember trying to use P64 on my W7 Laptop awhile back and didn't realize there were incompatibility issues and I got the blue screen of death. So! Will this happen on my W8.1? I don't want to lose all of my crap again, I'd wreck the devs of this program for not putting an advisory because I lost sooooooooo much.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16th July 2015, 12:15 PM
dsx_ dsx_ is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,105
Default

blue screens dont make you lose anything

go away
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:43 PM
NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
blue screens dont make you lose anything

go away
Hey, hey, hey, come on now! We here in the forums like to HELP people who come forward seeking resolutions to issues they may have. There's NO NEED to shun them away with evasion or rejection.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24th July 2015, 02:34 AM
dsx_ dsx_ is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,105
Default

"I'd wreck the devs"

this is the kind of guy who deserves help after all :P
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24th July 2015, 02:40 AM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,236
Default

We don't have any female devs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th July 2015, 05:11 PM
ExtremeDude2's Avatar
ExtremeDude2 ExtremeDude2 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

but what about me D:?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx! View Post
are you american or something
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:39 PM
NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
I remember trying to use P64 on my W7 Laptop awhile back and didn't realize there were incompatibility issues and I got the blue screen of death. So! Will this happen on my W8.1? I don't want to lose all of my crap again, I'd wreck the devs of this program for not putting an advisory because I lost sooooooooo much.
I've been using Project64 on 8.1 x64 without issue since the OS's release. I don't see how the lack of them would cause a BSOD, but be sure to have the latest DX runtime and latest Visual C++ redistributables. Getting a BSOD seems like it'd me more hardware related than software. Because of this make sure you have the latest drivers for any graphics card you may have (bland tip but a tip nonetheless).

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 23rd July 2015 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 7th August 2015, 07:00 PM
Scrotty Scrotty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
blue screens dont make you lose anything
After I got the BSoD and tried to restart my laptop it kept saying something somewhere got corrupted, nothing worked so I had to use recovery disks, which in turn, gave a Factory Reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx_ View Post
"I'd wreck the devs"

this is the kind of guy who deserves help after all :P
Can you blame me for being angry that things I have stored on my computer were all lost? I didn't expect it, there was no warning so there was no backup, not that it mattered since system restore didn't work and I didn't have it stored online anywhere. I practice a lot of things from 3D modeling, 3D animation, 3D texturing, 2D art, 2D animation, programming, etc. You wouldn't be a little ticked off if you lost all of those project files which were unrecoverable? If you don't make projects that you care for then don't act like other peoples projects are meaningless to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 View Post
Getting a BSOD seems like it'd me more hardware related than software.
Happened twice, only while using P64. Thank you for your other advice though. After that happened I remember coming here and checking the forum, other people complained about it, where even are the devs? Have they put a warning up yet?

"WARNING: Before you download, Project 64 is kill W7! Use at your own risk." Not that hard is it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 8th August 2015, 02:09 AM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
Happened twice, only while using P64. Thank you for your other advice though. After that happened I remember coming here and checking the forum, other people complained about it, where even are the devs? Have they put a warning up yet?

"WARNING: Before you download, Project 64 is kill W7! Use at your own risk." Not that hard is it?
Not once have I gotten a BSOD from Project64. I like how you assume that it's Project64's fault and responsibility...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 8th August 2015, 06:01 AM
Scrotty Scrotty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Not once have I gotten a BSOD from Project64. I like how you assume that it's Project64's fault and responsibility...
I like how you assume I had anything else running at the time. Never happened at any point before I used P64, never happened again after I stopped using P64. Do you even use W7?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.