Old 22nd August 2015, 08:10 AM

Default Glide64Final Overscanning

Lastly I was trying to get rid of the harcoded black bars in some games to no avail in Glide64Final, it lacks some type of overscanning, so I added it to the source and now it displays properly in those games...

Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Star Fox and even Super Mario 64 suffer from this, I found the sweet spots for all those games but I couldn't add an ini setting so I have to manually change the values and use multiple copies of the Glide64Final plugin (Oh lord, there is always a cave at). So if anyone wants to add an ini setting for the overscanning function be my guest I will assist with any info on the source edits I did...

So for a proof of concept, here is a modified Glide64Final plugin that removes the black borders in Legacy of Darkness...

Overscanning plugin

Also now we can make any game to display on a widescreen aspect ratio via Vert - (Vertical minus), though is unappealing for general gameplay...

NOTES: For the love of God, set swapbuffers to "Old", uncheck "Clear Buffers on every frame" and put CF=1 for the smoothest gameplay with this plugin...

To remove the flickering set BLITMODE to ON in nvidia inspector...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 26th September 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:56 AM

Thank you very much for share your work. I already test your modified Glide64Final video plugin and Legacy of Darkness looks much better. Keep up your great work.
Old 27th December 2015, 12:31 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Why not do this on Gliden64 on the github page? It's now far superior to this plugin. Also, reshade can also do this.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:44 AM

Keep on sharing. Thanks.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:46 PM

@Shinra
I already did this on GlideN64 too, also I did an incomplete implementation for the Rice Video plugin (lacks proper scaling for the 2D elements)...

About the github, I will try to post the changes there so Gonetz can review them and hopefully do a proper implementation with a complete ini setting, that was my intention on the first place along tracking possible bugs like the FB effects wrongly scaled, etc...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 8th January 2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 9th January 2016, 08:52 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

excellent. only problem is, we will need per game settings (like ppsspp) in order to use this efficiently. That's something that I hope the project64 team can implement. Folders per game that use specific plugin setups that the user wants.