Old 18th August 2011, 08:00 AM

Default kirby64

Was going to pick this game up, then checked the gameFAQ to see if it had any problems. Looks like theres a ton of HUD problems, any known way of fixing them?
Old 18th August 2011, 12:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Not with Project64 atm.

But if you don't notice them, then you have nothing to worry about. "HUD issues", after all, is a very generic term.
Old 18th August 2011, 03:12 PM
Project Supporter

AFAIK the least troubles you should have is that the HUD won't change to show how much life you have left, or what powers you have, until you enter another room.

At most you'll see the intro and then it'll go black.
Old 19th August 2011, 03:36 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's just update frequency I think. There might have been something else not worth noticing immediately lmao.

Another important thing is to not take the core and plugin notes or text info in the ROM browser seriously; they're just useful for what specifically you might be thinking about or configuration needs. Anything else you can either notice all by yourself without needing any such pointers or not have to worry about. D:
Old 19th April 2013, 12:09 AM

If you download the new version of Project 64 (version 2.0) the problem is fixed, except for now the enemies are missing some textures, to fix that, boot up the game, go to options->settings->click the + next to config:Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards->plugins->click the down arrow next to video plugin and switch to Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 (the hud issue was a problem with the core, not the video plugin) what this did is configure just that game to always use the 1.6 version of the plugin...at least that what it seems to be doing. Hope this helped.
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion777 View Post
If you download the new version of Project 64 (version 2.0) the problem is fixed, except for now the enemies are missing some textures, to fix that, boot up the game, go to options->settings->click the + next to config:Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards->plugins->click the down arrow next to video plugin and switch to Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 (the hud issue was a problem with the core, not the video plugin) what this did is configure just that game to always use the 1.6 version of the plugin...at least that what it seems to be doing. Hope this helped.
I'm running PJ64 2.1, encountered the issue with half the monsters being invisible (sorta, certain parts of them still visible), did your solution, and it still didn't work. Since it wouldn't let me create a new topic in the appropriate place (Bug reports), I figured I would post here since a solution was given that did not work. Any solutions to this?

Screenshots of the problem:

The monsters are there, and I can kill them, I just sometimes don't see them before landing on them or something and it gets really annoying.
Old 23rd May 2013, 07:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yeah, we know. you have to use 1.6 or build56 of the jabo 1.7 plugin (build56 is only available to beta subscribers)

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellogi View Post
I'm running PJ64 2.1, encountered the issue with half the monsters being invisible (sorta, certain parts of them still visible), did your solution, and it still didn't work. Since it wouldn't let me create a new topic in the appropriate place (Bug reports), I figured I would post here since a solution was given that did not work. Any solutions to this?

Screenshots of the problem:

The monsters are there, and I can kill them, I just sometimes don't see them before landing on them or something and it gets really annoying.
try 1964video plugin.
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:00 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
try 1964video plugin.
Glide 64 (I think) also fixes it. I don't know how well 1964Video works on PJ64.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 24th May 2013, 06:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo1889 View Post
Glide 64 (I think) also fixes it. I don't know how well 1964Video works on PJ64.
only very few game 1964Video works better than Jabo D3D8 and Glide64, such as Kirby64 and Gauntlet Legends.

AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB

Last edited by shunyuan; 24th May 2013 at 06:23 AM.