Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 1st March 2011, 05:54 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I think I've read about IPLROM somewhere in a manual but didn't focus on 64DD much. Well sounds like a fun start here then. I am still to test the game and get back on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXtroze View Post
one thing though, i've never made a plugin. and i don't know where to start. have any ideas? (as too start programming)
To make pj64- / 1964- / mupen64 / etc.-compatible plug-ins, you want to get a hold of zilmar's "Common Plugin Specs". They're also bundled with the source code of his demonstration plugins.
Old 5th March 2011, 04:36 AM

sorry for late reply. i had to catchup with other things. i have a quesrtions.

1. where can i get the specs. i can't find them anywhere -used google for 4 hours looking for them-

oh. i also am working on a c file to contain extened cpu function for 64DD. might add beta code to PJ64 source to test.

and i might just make my own emulator. i started a project called Nintendex Beta about 1 and a half years ago but i discontinued it, so i might restart it. it was supposed to be an emulator for N64/N64DD. if i start it up again, would anyone be interested in helping? when i get the 64DD emulation working, i'll submit that portion of code to PJ64 so they can add it in.

reply when you can
Old 6th March 2011, 04:24 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't know how much I can help you because I have little programming experience to start from, just knowledge of both low-level and high-level syntax, finding documentation and information, and methods of experimentation. I have documented some things about N64 memory but still probably wouldn't overall be able to help much, though yes that does sound interesting.

Um, actually I think zilmar's specs are bundled with any public release of Project64 as well.

You can also get them from Emu64 network bundled with some demonstration basic plugins he wrote.
However it looks like his basic keyboard input plug-in is closed-source and has no released illustration of the input plugin specs.

The RSP interpreter and re-compiler are open-source on the main website and demonstrate his RSP plugin specs.

Tags
mario, rom, working