Old 21st July 2013, 08:03 PM

Default The best plugins

Hi! I am new to Project 64 and was just looking for the best plugins. I am looking for compatibility not performance (I also want to use hires texture packs). Currently I use Aristotle's & Mudlord Rice video for graphics, Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 for sound (I want to use High quality sound) , Jabo's DirectInput 1.7.0.12 for inputs (I want to use a USB N64 controller) and Iconoclast's SP Interpreter (HLE) for RSP. I use Project 64 2.1.0.1. I also have a decent computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 21st July 2013, 09:49 PM

In my opinion:

Graphics: Glide 64 Final. No contest in compatibility.
Audio: Either Azimer's HLE Audio v0.60 WIP 2 (he updated the plugin recently) or Shunyuan's HLE Audio.

These should be your defaults. Good thing is that you don't need to throw away the other plugins, you can save different plugins per game so the more plugins you have the better chances you have to find the best plugins for each game. But the defaults should be good for 99% of them.

Last edited by Tasoulis; 21st July 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 21st July 2013, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the answer. I have tried to download Glide 64 Final but failed so i guess i need to do a final attempt.

EDIT: Finnaly got Glide 64 Final working.

Last edited by Slakkerag; 21st July 2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 21st July 2013, 10:25 PM

I totally agree with Tasoulis, actually it doesnt matter which rsp you are using if you enable HLE for both video and audio anyways, for the audio plugin you need to see which one works better, the Azimer plugin usally needs less PC power, Shunyuan's takes more calculation but you have a better compatibility and you can ask its developer directly in this forum for help if you have problems.