Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 26th April 2015, 09:26 PM
the_randomizer's Avatar
the_randomizer the_randomizer is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
The trees aren't blurred with Angrylion's? In that case, this is likely an identical bug to the one affecting Perfect Dark. https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/158


Gonetz released the source for the Early Release build after Neobrain had words about GPL violations. That's all settled now. So-called "public" release is coming in a few days.
I'm impressed that Gonetz didn't get butthurt and ragequit the scene, just saying, and I hope that someday these bugs, i.e texture corruption, will get fixed. Suffice to say, I do like the fact many games look correct. DK64 finally has the zipper transition effect emulated, and that Banjo Kazooie also has proper framebuffer.
__________________
My rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4470 3.4 GHz to 3.9 GHz
Video card:: MSI nVidia GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 26th April 2015, 10:01 PM
Ambient_Malice Ambient_Malice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
DK64 finally has the zipper transition effect emulated, and that Banjo Kazooie also has proper framebuffer.
Glide64 could do those effects, but with big CPU overheads. Per-frame FB effects apparently have no significant overheads with GLideN64.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 27th April 2015, 06:40 AM
the_randomizer's Avatar
the_randomizer the_randomizer is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
Glide64 could do those effects, but with big CPU overheads. Per-frame FB effects apparently have no significant overheads with GLideN64.
Yeah, they're done with better optimizations, I like this one more then Glide 64, however, I hope the texture corruption issues (and the others on the Github) get fixed.
__________________
My rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4470 3.4 GHz to 3.9 GHz
Video card:: MSI nVidia GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 27th April 2015, 08:08 AM
Ambient_Malice Ambient_Malice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Yeah, they're done with better optimizations, I like this one more then Glide 64, however, I hope the texture corruption issues (and the others on the Github) get fixed.
I must correct myself slightly. GLideN64 has some shocking performance issues with Perfect Dark's FB effects. Heck, it even gets chuggy when you're wandering around Carrington Institute -presumably related to depth buffer stuff for the light coronas.

Not ideal. Not ideal at all.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 27th April 2015, 08:26 AM
the_randomizer's Avatar
the_randomizer the_randomizer is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
I must correct myself slightly. GLideN64 has some shocking performance issues with Perfect Dark's FB effects. Heck, it even gets chuggy when you're wandering around Carrington Institute -presumably related to depth buffer stuff for the light coronas.

Not ideal. Not ideal at all.
Hence why he needs to fix the issues on Github.
__________________
My rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4470 3.4 GHz to 3.9 GHz
Video card:: MSI nVidia GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 27th April 2015, 10:46 PM
shinra358 shinra358 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 93
Default

Project64 and Gliden64 are soooo much better now. I tried glide recently and as way too many glitches and games that don't work. I do hope for PJ64 stability fixes for doing certain things can cause the emu to hang but it's not very often. But other than that, n64 emulation is almost perfect now. Funny how it takes 10+ years to get this far and just a few months for perfection xD

As for dolphin emulating n64 games, I don't care much because most vc games are gimped or censored in some way
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 1st May 2015, 01:15 AM
Tasoulis Tasoulis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 167
Default

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm hearing all this talk about "LLE" mode in the new GlideN64 plugin, how does that work please?


Quote:
Originally Posted by shinra358 View Post
n64 emulation is almost perfect now. Funny how it takes 10+ years to get this far and just a few months for perfection xD
It's far from perfect.

Last edited by Tasoulis; 1st May 2015 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 1st May 2015, 05:17 AM
theboy181's Avatar
theboy181 theboy181 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Prince Rupert,British Columbia Canada
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm hearing all this talk about "LLE" mode in the new GlideN64 plugin, how does that work please?



It's far from perfect.
LLE on GLideN64 is not very promising. The ability is there but most of gonetz focus has been on HLE. Hopefully when he releases a few Devs decide to work on its issues. It is slower than AL plug ATM.
__________________
Book recommendation!
https://www.amazon.com/All-Cats-Have.../dp/1843104814
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 1st May 2015, 06:19 AM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy181 View Post
LLE on GLideN64 is not very promising. The ability is there but most of gonetz focus has been on HLE. Hopefully when he releases a few Devs decide to work on its issues. It is slower than AL plug ATM.
If only I had OGL 4.x
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 1st May 2015, 08:47 AM
Tasoulis Tasoulis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
If only I had OGL 4.x
Yeah, i do have a new GFX card but i don't know how to enable LLE. Do i just have to uncheck the HLE box in the plugins options?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.