Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

Old 10th June 2015, 07:06 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Downsampling support.
Old 8th October 2015, 12:53 AM

Guys i'm a coder and i want to help you developing this emulator, can i join you?

I also have an idea to monetize your work and find also other people who can help you: read this post forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?p=63731#post63731
Old 7th December 2015, 06:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinra358 View Post
Downsampling support.
Edit:scratch that. Fixed in the new glide.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:09 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
Guys i'm a coder and i want to help you developing this emulator, can i join you?

I also have an idea to monetize your work and find also other people who can help you: read this post forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?p=63731#post63731
I don't think there are any requirements to join.
Just Install Visual Studio 2015, clone the code from GitHub, and follow instructions in the wiki (also GitHub).

http://github.com/project64/project64
Old 12th December 2015, 04:10 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Damn, I'm so out of the loop, I don't even know what progress has been made lol.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 15th December 2015, 09:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

How about adding a flag to mark cached code pages dirty like Mupen64Plus now has for efficient execution-based Gameshark codes?
(try Mupen64Plus AE for easier access to realtime execution GS codes)

I can't get a value to affect Super Mario 64 in Recompiler with Register Caching disabled,and it also seems to fail to switch between Recompiler and Interpreter on the CPU Method option,as it still won't respond to the changed value.
Another version of PJ64 allowed instant switching between Recompiler and Interpreter and yet 2.2.0.3 oddly fails to do that,and if it worked,Interpreter mode would immediately trigger the changed value's effect.

The address is 0x8024810C and values are 0C=Default and 00=sixty DL/s ...
I'm trying to find the game speed address by utilizing what I found so far.
Old 15th December 2015, 09:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
I can't get a value to affect Super Mario 64 in Recompiler with Register Caching disabled
Why would you disable register caching?
Old 15th December 2015, 10:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Because it would normally make codes less reliable,but it seems it still doesn't help.

I just tried the most recent buildbot and it still doesn't respond to me changing the CPU Method between Recompiler and Interpreter.

Could really use that cached code page dirty flag.

Edit: Goody!,savestates work now. I changed the value at 0x80248113 from 01 to 00,made a savestate,and loaded the savestate to see it running at 60fps.
Take note this is the "too fast version" of sixty frames,and I am trying to find that game speed address to slow down the game itself while maintaining 60fps for a Mario Galaxy style smoothness.

The memory viewer F***ING closes after loading a savestate,DO NOT WANT!!!

Edit2: I get good speeds on Interpreter if Register Caching is enabled,awesome.
Still want the dirty flag for better support on Recompiler in case I finally get my own laptop (probably never). *sob*

Edit3: Something amazing,split-up anywhere 8008D72B 0001 for Banjo-Tooie worked on the latest buildbot!
Re-edit:Fast SP is enabled but Advanced Block Linking disabled and no crash. What is preventing the freeze?!?

Split Status
801354F8 00xx
Use this to undo the softlock from getting Kazooie out of bounds.
01=Combined (use to have BK moves as Banjo alone and to create a Kazooie,then attempt to switch to her)
02=Split

Edit4: Trying to select a recently ran game causes it to return to the main menu instead of booting the game,dammit!
So many bugs.

Last edited by retroben; 15th December 2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 16th December 2015, 12:55 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I really wish that PJ64 would be ported to Android,especially since I have a Shield TV Pro to make it run optimally.
It can't have D3D plugins,but Rice,Glide64,and GLideN64 are plenty enough.

The main reason Mupen64Plus AE runs so slow is because the plugins are in Java code instead of native code,and it seems nobody in the devteam knows how to port them to native code for that extra chunk of performance and compatibility.
(I wouldn't know the first thing about any of it or programming)
If only Yongzh could step out and offer his expertise to the devs,or perhaps someone from here?

Edit: Dammit,savestates are still dickish because it crashes with pure virtual call function error more than half the time I attempt to load one.

Another reason to add the dirty flag for cheats is because codes like "game speed" for Conker
(D12CD052 3F00 812CD052 xxxx 3F00=Default) don't work normally and lock in when loading a savestate pre-modded with 3E80 as the value.
By this,that means the game speed stays at the slower pace even after changing areas and when the value reverts to 3F00 with the cheat disabled.
The way Conker works is that it swaps out RAM allocations when going between areas and the address codes vanish for the entirity of the loading sequences.
Such a weird problem that happens when code addresses don't update quite properly.
The codes works fine on 1.7.0.50 b23 but on different settings.
Maybe it is something caused by Virtual LUT.
Sadly,speeds are a slideshow on Conker with Physical LUT on newer PJ64 versions.

Last edited by retroben; 17th December 2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old 16th December 2015, 10:26 PM
Project Supporter

They aren't in Java code... the only thing in java on m64p AE is the UI before you start the game/when you pause (to the emulation menu, not in game pause)

There are a load of other factors that make this slow on Android, plugins being in java (which they aren't) isn't one of them

Tags
2.2, project64