Old 11th October 2015, 10:13 AM

Default Texture Packs with GlideN64

Hi,

I'm on the latest git version of project64 with the latest gliden64 plugin, and i'd like to use texture packs, but i can't get them to work...

How does this work? I've downloaded super mario64 texture pack (png format with a lot of subfolders). There's not much information available how to do that, so i've placed it in the Project64\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture dir. The folder is named "SUPER MARIO 64" and contains a lot of subfolders.

In the GlideN64 config dialog, this folder is set as the texture pack dir. I've also changed the project64 highres texture folder to that folder. (Why are there 2 options to set a texture pack dir? This is confusing...)

No matter what, the game starts without a texture pack.

How does that work?

Thx in advance...
Old 11th October 2015, 10:54 AM
Project Supporter

If my understanding is correct only the rice plugin will work with texture packs.

N-rage

Xinput for Xbox 360 Controller

PJ64 1.6 Download

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional
GeForce GTX 760
16 GB RAM
120 GB SSD, 1 TB HHD x2 (1 Internal/1 External)
Intel i5-4670k
Old 11th October 2015, 11:03 AM

Oh...
But i've seen a lot of videos of GlideN64 running texture packs but no word about how they did that...
Old 11th October 2015, 05:37 PM

@1337
Glide64Final (old plugin) and its derivatives, Jabo's (AFAIK its uses other format different than rice), rice video (obviously) and the new GlideN64 has hires texture support...

@Mooglux there is a texture folder on PJ64 dir because there is where the textures packs that are compatible with Jabo's plugin or the bundled Glide64 goes, sorry I don't remember because I don't use those plugins...

Your path for the high res pack seems to be correct maybe you didnt checked "use texture pack" and "save texture cache to hard disk", mine loads with the above options...
Old 11th October 2015, 08:52 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

emucr messed the gliden64 builds up and are too stupid to fix even though they were told how. they messed the project64 builds up too because config file saves outside of the main folder.
Old 12th October 2015, 08:36 AM

Ah ok, it's for the jabo plugin... That plugin is totally messed up.
I've backed glideN64 at the indiegogo campaign and now finally got around testing it, so far it seems to be awesome, compatibility is great.

I've checked use texture pack and the texture cache option (it was on by default) (also tried with all the texture cache / compression options en/disabeld).

Yeah, my builds are from emucr.. (both pj64 and glideN64). haven't found recent builds anywhere else?
Old 12th October 2015, 07:30 PM

The only gripe I hold against GlideN64 is that I cant compile the damn QT lib necessary for the latest source (Glide64 had this boost shit back then too, that was hard as $%$% to compile, sigh!) and so I used the EmuCR build only to find their build was bugged, then I switched to the first public version and the hi-res pack worked as it should...

@Shinra
Can you upload somewhere the static QT lib for the latest source or give me the instructions from compiling it myself thanks...
Old 12th October 2015, 09:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

@Marcelo_20xx

I think Ambient Malice has a link to a newer compiled version on GLideN64's github issues somewhere. I also remember seeing a compiled QT lib by Gonetz I think.

Have a search on GLideN64's github issues. Or PM Ambient Malice.

By the way, the last version on EmuCR seems ok to me. Though I never use texture packs.

Gonetz gives some details here on what's needed to succesfully build the new QT libs for HiRes texture support.
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/611

Last edited by Frank74; 12th October 2015 at 09:12 PM.