Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 31st March 2016, 10:38 AM

Default Shunyuan's audio plugin + 2.2.0.9999

Whenever i use any version of Shunyuan's audio plugin on 2.2.0.9999, i get a fatal error message. Tried different RSP plugins but nothing works.

This plugin is very useful to me because it eliminates crackling in a lot of games where other plugins can't. Is there a way to make it work? This makes the newer version of PJ64 pretty much useless for me.
Old 31st March 2016, 03:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Is there a way to make it work? This makes the newer version of PJ64 pretty much useless for me.
There is no way to make it work, unless you hack his plugin perhaps.. Shunyuan's audio plugin is pretty much useless.

What games do you use shunyuan's audio plugin for?

If you want it fixed, you can try tracking down the commit where it stopped working. If no one is willing to do that, then oh well .
Old 31st March 2016, 08:02 PM

Well nevermind, turns out that i don't need it.

The "fixed audio timing" option in previous versions of the emulator (like 2.2.0.3 and older) was pretty much broken and OFF by default because it could cause other problems, like unstable VI/s. Because of this, audio crackling was very common. So you had to choose your poison, either unstable VI/s or crackling. But if you had many different plugins to test for each game, you could get away with no sound problems. Some games worked better with Azimer's, other's with Jabo but most needed Shunyuan's to be crackling free.

Now, Fixed Audio Timing seems to be working much better and doesn't cause problems, at least in the games i tested so far. That means i can almost use whatever audio plugin i want and there would be no crackling. Well, except for Top Gear Rally. No plugin can emulate the sound of this game correctly.

Last edited by Tasoulis; 31st March 2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasoulis View Post
Well nevermind, turns out that i don't need it.

The "fixed audio timing" option in previous versions of the emulator (like 2.2.0.3 and older) was pretty much broken and OFF by default because it could cause other problems, like unstable VI/s. Because of this, audio crackling was very common. So you had to choose your poison, either unstable VI/s or crackling. But if you had many different plugins to test for each game, you could get away with no sound problems. Some games worked better with Azimer's, other's with Jabo but most needed Shunyuan's to be crackling free.

Now, Fixed Audio Timing seems to be working much better and doesn't cause problems, at least in the games i tested so far. That means i can almost use whatever audio plugin i want and there would be no crackling. Well, except for Top Gear Rally. No plugin can emulate the sound of this game correctly.
Shunyuan's Audio Plugin works perfectly. You need to configure it to use XAudio2 because the plugin's DirectSound driver setting doesn't work unless you make a profile for PJ64 using Creative Alchemy.

If you want 3D surround sound in a game, you have to check the "RSP audio signal" in your specific game's settings and check HLE Audio in the PJ64 Plugins tab.

~Groucho Marx