Old 2nd February 2015, 04:39 AM

Default No audio with any plugin

Hello!

I hope you guys/girls can help me get Project 64 up and running, I am running out of ideas and google hasn't turned up any answers either.

No matter what I seem to do I cannot get sound to play, I have tried multiple plugins and a few different roms. I do have a SoundBlaster XiFi Xtreme Music sound card, I don't know if that would cause any issues.

My computer is running XP64bit fully updated with all the latest drivers (reformatted and installed everything fresh just last week)

I have tried with both Project 64 1.6 and 2.1.0.1 (2.1.0.1 currently installed)
I have also tried several plugins, all of the defaults, plus Shunyuan's HLE Audio 1.8.2 and Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP2 (For both I made sure I had 'Use High Level Audio' checked) Even tried switching to BatCat's RSP plugin.

I don't know what to do next.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 2nd February 2015, 02:09 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

So long as you're just trying to get audio to work, I think you should always un-check "Use High Level Audio?", rather than check it to enable. Usually if an audio plugin supports HLE, then it will also support LLE, since it need only skip processing of the ABI commands and go straight to the audio API for LLE. So you have a higher chance of getting any audio to work at all with use HLE audio disabled rather than enabled.

Is Project64 the only application you're not getting sound output through? What if you tried a different emulator like 1964 or something? Also, what if you tried a game that doesn't even use the RSP to begin with--Namco Museum 64? That should have sound.
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:33 AM

Hey HatCat, thanks for the reply.

I did try with both 1964 and mupen64 but both had the same results, no sound.
I'm not sure what I did but I fired it up again this morning and it worked! I have perfect sound with all the roms I have tried. I didn't change the plugins anymore or change any settings. Wish I knew what/if I did to fix it.

Now I just have to figure out why I only get the top half of the video on Harvest Moon 64.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:30 AM
Project Supporter

You didn't reboot after installing sounddrivers or smth I guess, pretty sure it was a system wide issue