Old 15th November 2009, 05:39 AM

Project64 should keep the saves in just a folder in Project64.
For example:
C:/Desktop/Project64_1.7_BETA1.0/SAVES

The saves should be just like the N64 saves. You open Mario64, you get Mario64 save file.
Nintendo used that. Stop trying to be better than Nintendo.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:40 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hmm.... This is a good question. My vote goes towards in the PJ64 folder since I run PJ64 in Wine. But this has already been suggested by other posters, so I'm just upping the request count lol.
Old 21st November 2009, 08:44 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh6dowflameX View Post
Project64 should keep the saves in just a folder in Project64.
For example:
C:/Desktop/Project64_1.7_BETA1.0/SAVES

The saves should be just like the N64 saves. You open Mario64, you get Mario64 save file.
Nintendo used that. Stop trying to be better than Nintendo.
I suggest use this way unlike SNES emulator did!

Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, 7, 8, and last Windows 9 should support Project 64.

I skip Vista and 7 because not fix problems on old PC games. I stick XP forever until Windows 8 or 9 fix a lot of problems go away unlike XP. I will suffer for a longest time to pick right on stable operating system like XP.

Old 22nd November 2009, 10:56 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest86 View Post
[b]I skip Vista and 7 because not fix problems on old PC games. I stick XP forever until Windows 8 or 9 fix a lot of problems go away unlike XP. I will suffer for a longest time to pick right on stable operating system like XP.

Oh and one day, Windows won't activate after a reformat. You call Microsoft and they will answer you that WinXP is not a supported OS anymore.

Way to go!

Funny how Project64 1.6 works fine on Vista & Win7 with full FPS (I have a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB of RAM & nVidia GeForce 8500GT). All my plugins works.

Btw, don't blame Microsoft for breaking old games. You have to blame the programmers of the game. Also, you can dual-boot with Win7 : that means you have two OS. Also, Win8 & 9 aren't gonna fix things as far as I know because there are rumors that says that Win8 will be 64-bits only. So, if your games are 16-bits, they're not gonna work anymore.

Last thing : XP NEEDS TO DIE IN A FIRE. I'm a proud user of Windows Vista & Windows 7.
----
To the main subject : Anywhere in the User folder. Best would be in PJ's folder but if I install myself PJ in Program Files, the saves should go in the User folder somewhere.
nVidia GeForce 8500GT 512MB
3x 7200RPM Hard drives (1x 200GB, 1x250GB (USB), 1x 500GB)

Proud user of a French Windows Vista Home Premium
Proud user against OC'ing of hardware!
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:32 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

windows 7 has issues playing starcraft.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 5th December 2009, 04:16 AM

I find if you kill explorer beofre you launch starcraft, the color issues are fixed. The taskbar is constantly trying to draw over starcraft, so it creates a color bug that has plagyued SC since the beginning.
Video: XFX HD 4890 XXX 1000/1025MHz on Mitsubishi LT 40144
Sound:X-fi / Boston Acoustics 5.1 Setup
PSU: Corsiar TX-750 750 Watt
Storage:640GB WD Black/1TB WD Black/640GB WD MyBook
Old 5th December 2009, 04:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I haven't tested Windows 7 yet, but as these options appear for Windows Vista, do they also help

Auto-hide the taskbar
Keep the taskbar on top of other windows

from when I right-click the taskbar then picks Properties.
Old 6th December 2009, 01:29 AM

I don't agree. Installers seem to be one key part of letting NT-based OSes(2k,XP,Vista,7) cope with security issues. I'd say offer two versions - one as a zip that runs out of the current folder (e.g. dubbed the "Portable" or Windows9x version) and a installer-based version which defaults to per-user settings, but has a "Install for current user only" and "Install for all users of this computer" option, so it can act as either (install for current user only would extract it and run from the folder, and default to a User's folder rather than Program Files).

This is what many other applications I know do, and I think it would be good for Project64 to do.

Quite frankly, I don't really mind the *default* behaviour, as long as it can be easily changed in the INI or registry, or with a command-line option.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickF1227 View Post
I find if you kill explorer beofre you launch starcraft, the color issues are fixed. The taskbar is constantly trying to draw over starcraft, so it creates a color bug that has plagyued SC since the beginning.

Old news, i was the person who discovered and made that known in the first place.

its the Freeze due to a broken backbuffer locking that im talking about.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 15th December 2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Oh and one day, Windows won't activate after a reformat. You call Microsoft and they will answer you that WinXP is not a supported OS anymore.

Way to go!

Funny how Project64 1.6 works fine on Vista & Win7 with full FPS (I have a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB of RAM & nVidia GeForce 8500GT). All my plugins works.

Btw, don't blame Microsoft for breaking old games. You have to blame the programmers of the game. Also, you can dual-boot with Win7 : that means you have two OS. Also, Win8 & 9 aren't gonna fix things as far as I know because there are rumors that says that Win8 will be 64-bits only. So, if your games are 16-bits, they're not gonna work anymore.

Last thing : XP NEEDS TO DIE IN A FIRE. I'm a proud user of Windows Vista & Windows 7.
----
To the main subject : Anywhere in the User folder. Best would be in PJ's folder but if I install myself PJ in Program Files, the saves should go in the User folder somewhere.
You get me wrong. I have clean activation crack for my legal XP to disable annoy 30 days to removed and will stay forever! You are misunderstand. I learn a lot things on warez forums. Duh!!! I happy found at warez forum - Underground Forum. Someone post rare activation crack for Windows XP. No more call Microsoft anymore! I can modded my operating system to different pretty design. Windows XP can't defeat and never die! XP core is very solid and stable yet! Windows XP fans already told them! How about Bomberman Atomic game for PC? It will not work on Windows 7!!! Think yourself again. I wait for Windows 7 Service Pack 2 or 3 to solve all problems! It hard to crack Windows 7, people are stuck for a longer time. But 2 to 5 years later new activation crack will come to Windows 7 to be full cracked and active self.

Screw Microsoft off!

Oh cool. I know Vista and 7 have problems with some games and programs.

Man! Why not get VMware software and install multiple operating on your operating system like Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, and 7? It is much better than Windows 7's weak of VMware software. Windows 8 will have 3 way are: 32 Bits, 64 Bits, and 128 Bits. I recommend 32 Bits over 64 and 128 Bits. Yeah Starcraft have problem with colors. I heard from people said. Another some games have more problems on Windows Vista and 7 than XP. XP running all games without problems. I'm happy with Windows XP!

Tags
features