Old 7th November 2013, 02:58 PM

Default Help please, I'm new to this.

Okay, so, when I first fired up Project64 2.1 it worked fine, and that was great. But now starting it up the next day, it wont let me open a ROM because it says the plugins weren't initialised. I followed FAQs and help as much as I could, downloaded several plugins for each section, extracted them to the correct folders and tried changing my plugin directory.
When I try change the plugins in settings, however, it doesn't come up that any are there and I was wondering what I could do to help that.
Old 7th November 2013, 07:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Probably because you changed the plugin directory to where none are installed.

You should reset that back to the default plugin directory and then continue with trying to change plugins to fill in what's missing.
Old 22nd November 2013, 03:41 PM

Default I AM NEW TO THIS please help!!!!

Okay, so I downloaded Project64 Through Coolrom.com.. It downloaded just fine, I extracted all of the files into one folder. Now there seems to be folders that download along with Project64 such as "Config", "Music", "Screenshots", "Logs", "Save" & "Textures"..
So i download several Z64 Files so I can play some games, But when I open the emulator, and try to open a Rom, a pop up comes up saying : "Cannot open a rom because plugins have not successfully initialized."
So its kind of clear to me that I need to download some plugins.. But what folders do I put them in in order for the plug ins to work correctly?
And where can I go about downloading all of the plugins I need?
So I close that pop up, and immediately after i close it, another one pops up saying :
"CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught
File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 258"

I am absolutely clueless as to what this means, but if someone could please reply to this post I am completely lost!!!!!
Old 22nd November 2013, 03:44 PM

Okay, so I downloaded Project64 Through Coolrom.com.. It downloaded just fine, I extracted all of the files into one folder. Now there seems to be folders that download along with Project64 such as "Config", "Music", "Screenshots", "Logs", "Save" & "Textures"..
So i download several Z64 Files so I can play some games, But when I open the emulator, and try to open a Rom, a pop up comes up saying : "Cannot open a rom because plugins have not successfully initialized."
So its kind of clear to me that I need to download some plugins.. But what folders do I put them in in order for the plug ins to work correctly?
And where can I go about downloading all of the plugins I need?
So I close that pop up, and immediately after i close it, another one pops up saying :
"CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught
File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 258"

I am absolutely clueless as to what this means, but if someone could please reply to this post I am completely lost!!!!!
Old 25th November 2013, 06:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You should :
-delete whatever you have installed
-delete the file C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Project64 1.6\Project64.cache (windows 7) (this file can be located in the install folder of PJ64 too)
-download the installer version of PJ64 1.6 (project64_1_6.exe) (and install it)
-download the installer version of PJ64 update 1 (pj64update.msp) (and install it)

Once you are sure that the default plugins work, you may install more plugins.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yer, just delete the Windows folder and it should work
Old 26th November 2013, 08:40 AM
Project Supporter

Throw in a format C: for good measure

Tags
plugins