Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 26th March 2014, 06:02 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Cool

I was using a hex editor to view a copy of the .eep file while at the same time I was using the b23 leak of PJ64 to search for the RDRAM location (which can always move,but be written to) of the save data by using the matching and misaligned 32bit value for the current cheats in the list.

By doing that,I could easily modify the value in real-time until I found the desired values for all cheats to be accessible in the list.
I already mentioned that my changes sticked when I ran the game again after I saved.

About the Jiggy values,I can try to find them,but it will be very time-consuming.
I may use my advantage taking method of giving myself the entire list of cheats at the very beginning.

The primary use of having specific Jiggies while not having other ones is...
You can have Canary Mary's Jiggies so you don't have to race her to get them.
Also,what if you want to have fun with the Styracosaurus physics glitch that can only be done before completing the tasks.

You take the sick one with Banjo alone,and you drop it at a certain distance from Kazooie alone in such a way that it lands on her so that she slips off of the swap pad.
This makes it possible to switch to Banjo from any spot in that room.
You can also use Boggie's fat kid to push Kazooie off of the swap pad in WitchyWorld.
Old 26th March 2014, 06:10 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Lol well for some reason I cannot get your program to work. When i try running it, I get a message box error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

I made a debuging option in my GUI to log the command output incase I mess something up. All you do is check the debug checkbox. I also made a disable CMD checkbox incase you just want to test the output of the code. The way my program works is, you put the exe file in the same folder as b7.exe. The program also assumes that the name of the exe file is b7.exe. For the bitfields of each group, since there's only on or off, I had to make an enabler checkbox for each group. So if you want to edit 1 group, turn on enable and any checkboxes unchecked in the group = 0's and anything checked = 1's. For the textboxes, the program will check to see if anything is written in them, and if there is text written, then it copies it into the command, so leave the ones you don't want to modify, blank.

Unfortunately since I might have to redo the GUI, I had to stop working on it lol, so it's even more incomplete than I anticipated. I added checkboxes for 90jigsaw pieces, 900 musical notes, Klungo has spotted banjo, unlock all moves, and widescreen, but I haven't programmed them yet so those 5 checkboxes don't do anything as of now.

Here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0yk140sgo...e%20Editor.zip . I'll gladly accept feedback as long as it's not harsh . I did a rush job on the programming so beware xD. I bet there might be a few flaws I didn't catch, so let me know. I'm releasing it early so that I can get feedback sooner. Lol I forgot to write a readme. I hope I didn't forget to explain anything else lol.

Last edited by RPGMaster; 26th March 2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 26th March 2014, 05:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I'll check out the GUI in a bit. Don't worry; I'm not really a choosy kind of guy with that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Lol well for some reason I cannot get your program to work. When i try running it, I get a message box error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."
From Windows SDK `ntstatus.h`:
Code:
//
// MessageId: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT
//
// MessageText:
//
// {Bad Image}
// %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
//
#define STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT      ((NTSTATUS)0xC000007BL)
So you tried double-clicking `Win64/b7.exe` then, correct?

We'll keep in mind that this is a 64-bit application. Did you previously get any errors or warnings about a missing DLL dependency, such as the Microsoft runtime MSVCR120.DLL? If so, how did you install it? Did you install the 32-bit version of the DLL to %systemroot%/system32 or /syswow64?

While it may be easy to find the 32-bit version of this DLL over the Internet, you might have a little more trouble finding the 64-bit version. Actually I'm not even sure if I was legally allowed to bundle in the DLL, but it looks like I am. I wonder if Windows Update will give you optional updates for installing the official Visual C++ Redistributable packages that come with those DLLs.
Old 26th March 2014, 05:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Lol ya I didn't have msvcr120, so I downloaded it. I probably downloaded the 32 bit version as you pointed out.
Old 26th March 2014, 05:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I am puzzled about the program not working for you.
Did you try opening the b7.exe for some reason?(not the thing to open directly)
I never tried manually doing it with my PC's command line program,just the batch file.

I used it via the .cmd batch file after I edited in what cheats I wanted enabled from the beginning of the game.
I cleared off all of the other possessions so that I only get the cheats enabled.
@HatCat:That's why I prefer to get the entire chamber list instead of pre-enabled cheats.

You might have messed up your .cmd batch copy when editing if you tried running it from there.

I wonder if there is any fun glitches or interesting beta stuff with majorly corrupting a save that still loads when used.
Maybe there is a permanent byte for the Devil Bottles anti co-op,provided you did not revive him.
Old 26th March 2014, 05:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah retroben that's why the batch file worked for you instead of calling the EXE directly: Both methods do. You have the 64-bit msvcr120 already installed.

You know for a tab-less, extra-window-less GUI the layout of this is better than what I thought it'd be. I can see you spent your time compacting the organization of what was currently implemented, before figuring out how tabbing management works to split some of the UI off onto e.g. a different pane, etc.. It looks neat enough to my purposes, though I wouldn't say it's the best. Dunno why it'd need a readme if it's mostly self-explanatory.

But yeah it works with the Enable checkboxes and does seem to update the save.
However, I can't seem to get the "Debug ?" checkbox you talked about to make a difference. Either with it checked or unchecked it doesn't appear to add any verbosity to the console window it pops open for a moment; in fact it's always just blank either way. Maybe we need a pause command to hold the console open for a while longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
@HatCat:That's why I prefer to get the entire chamber list instead of pre-enabled cheats.

You might have messed up your .cmd batch copy when editing if you tried running it from there.
So just edit the batch again.

If you randomly messed up your in-game cheats list settings then you'd go all the hell the way back to the Mayahem Temple code chamber just to fix them. Well, you would, anyway. Me? I'd just fix the bit string in the .cmd.
Old 26th March 2014, 06:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Since I didn't get your program working, I wasn't able to see if it truly worked or not. It turns out that I was missing quotes in the file directory string.

I reuploaded the fixed version. The link won't change though. Lol for debug, I forgot to mention that it logs to the txt file. I did that incase anyone wanted to copy paste the text. If there's not a text file generated, let me know. I tried adding the PAUSE command, but it doesn't pause the CMD.

I got the program to work after downloading the 64bit version of msvcr120.
Old 26th March 2014, 06:49 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

In case you guys were not aware,both of you just NINJA'D me earlier.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:06 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Your GUI opens instantly for me,which is nice.

I have only one problem,could you make the words not be ALL CAPS so they look better?

When I used it,I enabled unlock all moves,but it did not give me all moves.
Is that part available yet?
EDIT:Nevermind,I suck at reading.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Lol the reason it was all caps was because I copy pasted the text from the manual, although I shorted a few names so they would fit better.I love notepad++. Usually I'd use MSVC's resource editor to make GUI's, but I've learned that typing it is actually faster (if you want everything to be neat). It's much quicker to do the math in your head, for arranging the size and coordinates of each GUI item. Not to mention I can copy paste names instead of typing them out. In the next release I could make them lower case. I just use resource editor to preview the GUI after editing in notepad. Vertical highlight is a wonderful time saver.

Also for the unlock all moves and 4 other options i disabled, I could quickly enable them if you don't mind there not being an option to set the values to 0. Otherwise I need to rethink my GUI design before I implement the other items.