Old 28th November 2010, 04:51 AM

Exclamation Help

ive been watching some videos of LOZ ocarina of time with hi-res graphics, how do i do this, see im completely new to ALL this. at first i downloaded this Mudlord rice video thing, and this bmglib.dill

i did what every other person did, extract it and insert it in pjs folder. and to be honest i dont know what the F*ck i did with the mudlord thing. it had this automatic installer. so all i did was, from the browser it had, i just directed it to pjs file. after all this WORK i go to settings and a popup appeard saying d3dx-something and another pop up. i ended up downloading DirectX.9 and those pop ups disappeared...so i click on mudlords rice video, press ok and load the game and still no graphics. wtf do i do! i check to see if all the right stuff was check off and it was.

im at the point of throwing my wigs at some randome stranger, and breaking my make up brushes. its not funny, id help you if i knew what to do...anther thing, please dont confuse me more than i already am, simplify it as much as possible.
Old 28th November 2010, 04:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You may have already tried this: You load hi-res textures by checking "load hi-res textures if available" from under the texture enhancements tab in the configuration for Rice's Video Plugin, but if hi-res textures aren't available, then they aren't loaded in to the game.

Hi-res textures are loaded from $Project64\Plugin\hires_texture\$internal_name_of_ game.

If you want to see what you saw on YouTube with the hi-res Zelda OOT graphics, you'll need the hi-res textures that person installed to the plugin to be loaded into the game.

It is very likely that you can download the hires_textures package the video author was using with OOT from EmuTalk. EmuTalk has one of the largest collections of N64 game retextures.
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=389810

One of those retexture paks may be the one you saw used in the Zelda OOT video.
Old 28th November 2010, 07:08 PM

you know what i did everything this youtube video said, and still nothing. i even went as far as deleting my pj641.6 and my OOT rom. he had a link that supplied the dill file, and the rice video 6.1 beta. i litterally did step by step. and when im starting a game in; the black loading screen will say for just a second, Looking for hires plugin. i found the hires i wanted it was the renesance...i think and a sky box graphics... is it because i downloaded that stupid a*s direct X9? there must be something wrong, or is it possible to download a pj64 with all this already installed and running perfectly?

by the way ive downloaded so mych crap, i probably have a virus by now
Old 28th November 2010, 07:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Non-loading of textures means they aren't installed properly for you.

Uploads of Project64 modified in that way aren't legal.

Last edited by HatCat; 28th November 2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 29th November 2010, 01:31 AM

ok so i figured out the plugins and believe it or not it was the easyest thing to do (once i got the hang of it) now my only problem IS: im running 12 FPS, sometimes its a little faster like it'll go upto 30. how do i fix this? i descided to use my small notepad laptop windows7 starter. ive since upgraded it to ultimate (i know... shocking) so this is the where i keep my games and PJ64 in.

oh and i got another problem. adding the hires textures caused my paper mario to run EXTREAMLY SLOW, so slow infact it doesnt even show how many frames its doing. i ended up switching back to the original graphics plug in and it worked, but all my memory was erased.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:30 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The low speed may be because of what graphics card it is that you have or configuration settings.

Basically if you know your system specs there is a way to know why the speed is low and what to do to fix.