Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 22nd July 2015, 06:24 AM

Default I received 2 N64 Development Disks - One Titled 裏 - URA

After talking to a few people on Reddit and getting in touch with Luigiblood (bsxproj.superfamicom. o r g /64dd/dump/) - I have decided not to play with these carts anymore, and have someone professionally look at these. I received two dev carts and two blue disks, one is a LOZ OOT early beta, and the other looks like an early Majora's Mask. OOT has no music and a different opening and sprite of Link, says Copyright 1997, but crashes right away. The Majora starts with the desert temple theme-ish music and has a large moon in the sky, which then pans down to a large fire and Navi pulling child Link backwards and then goes black. It then proceeds to freeze as well.

OOT doesn't go anywhere, and I've tried a few times, and it's awesome. The Majora's I've plugged away at a bit, and a debug screen came up, but that's as far as it goes. It should be noted, I do not have a dev DD, only a regular Japanese one. I am posting a few videos and more pictures to my Imgur. Enjoy and if you have any ideas, let me know! We are trying to get these dumped without any more risk of damage. It's been suggested that this could be close to raw C, and compiled only to go on the cart to test, and that would be the major hope!

imgur. c o m /gallery/9oBOUjA/new
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:18 AM

How very, very interesting.
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:34 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I think LuigiBlood should hear about this,he may help you dump those blue disks!

Edit in response to LuigiBlood: If it was the carts,then I hope they can be dumped as welll as the harder to dump disks.
It would be cool if emulators could run those carts without freezing,I know PJ64 1.7.0.50b23 may be the most capable of doing that since it doesn't freeze with several of my Gameshark codes that freeze and crash on everything else.

Last edited by retroben; 22nd July 2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:13 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I'm surprised that those blue disks somehow worked with your japanese retail drive.
EDIT: Oh wait, did you mean the carts?

I still suggest to get these dumped to someone with a development drive.

Man you got me registering here within the minute.

I guess NESWorld could get these dumped?
I can't do that: I don't have any 64DD hardware. Just a PAL N64.

EDIT2: Forgot to ask an important question, where do you live?

Last edited by LuigiBlood; 22nd July 2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 22nd July 2015, 05:23 PM

When will we get to see the other images, since you're not testing the disks further? Are you waiting until later, because you're busy?

If I could make a suggestion, I think it would be good to talk with the people here on dumping, though: irc. l c /efnet/n64dev

Last edited by Twili; 22nd July 2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:27 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

ok this is not really clear: what do you want to dump?

The dev carts or the blue disks?

If you want to dump the dev carts, it is very easy and cheap. Feel free to contact me for support in this respect.

For the blue disks, It is odd they would work on a retail unit.

I can only see the blue disks and no other pics or videos, it is a pity. Do you have more?
Old 23rd July 2015, 04:20 AM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

My heart actually skipped a beat and I somehow became slightly aroused (I hope I'm not the only reader of this thread that this happens too). Please don't fuck with us, are you for real? Because if you are, we need to send a professional to your door pronto.

Also can somebody get whoever dumps the disks and carts to document all the manufacturer's, CIC Chip's, disk info (picture of the disk, sectors, CRC32, serial, laser/engraving info), Region info, languages, manuals (if there are any), MD5 Checksum hash, SHA-1 Checksum hash, EVERYTHING. Actually I think we should document every Nintendo 64 Cartridge/Disk info and we should have a site or blog and upload it.
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:51 PM

This is fake for two reasons:

1. Blue development disks are incompatible with normal 64DD units

2. zeift got his photo from an old eBay auction and cropped most of it out. Here's the listing:

ebay co uk/itm/Nintendo-64DD-development-kit-bundle-/201084142905?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid =p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=5%252B98aMKogtq0rIZeNw WKWP9AZiY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Nice eye. I guess there's nothing to see here anymore. At least that made me register here...
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

3. zeit's logged in multiple times to the forum since he made the thread, instead of replying to any of the posts. Which means that every post that gets made here is causing him to quietly laugh his ass off.

Tags
n64, n64dd, zelda oot