Old 26th October 2014, 01:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
LOL 10/10 post. How did i miss this?
cause WOT (no, not wat)
Old 28th October 2014, 11:38 AM

I hate to go into complex detail about all this...but since the OP has not really told us if they are using their video card for the audio passthrough with HDMI, HDMI alone passed through from an on board audio chip set (i.e. RealTek), or a dedicated audio card...It is hard to determine why the audio would sound bad at all.

My on-board (RealTek) chipset also includes HDMI output for audio. However since my stereo receiver has a BluRay player built into it, I have to use a digital RCA coaxial audio cable as my computer's main audio output as the HDMI inputs do not carry audio (Sony BDV-E580) without video being used. If I wanted to use HDMI Audio, I would have to use my video card and patch it through my BluRay player's HDMI video inputs...The issue with using my video card is that even if I pass HDMI video through my stereo receiver, it will not be capable of using the Virtual Surround Sound option that Microsoft includes.

Other issues that are included with using HDMI is that in some cases if you are using it with any graphics chip set (on-board or discrete), your audio quality drops significantly and the only option you will have is to use 2 channel stereo.

If you are using your TV's speakers through HDMI....It is bound to sound like shite no matter what...especially since the modern thin design of the average LED back-lit LCD-TV/Monitor prevent the built in speakers from being too large.

Then again if one is using a surround sound stereo receiver, there are some frequencies that royally screw up the audio quality for sounds going through the center front speaker...With Shunyuan's Audio Plugin, that is my biggest problem in OOT...the note played for C-Left while playing the Ocarina causes a brassy distortion to occur...so either he set the programmed mid tones too high, I need a better center speaker...or both...
I guess what I am trying to get at is that there are a whole slew of issues to get by when configuring PJ64 or any game or app to uses Surround Sound....It simply takes knowing about the equipment you own well enough to work around the kinks.

While I am at it, I think Shunyaun's Audio Plugin needs a gausian filter to process the center front speaker in his setup...it might quell the brassy distortion a tad.

~Groucho Marx

Last edited by Wally123; 28th October 2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 28th October 2014, 05:21 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Old 28th October 2014, 10:49 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 29th October 2014, 04:00 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Wally, I think your posts are very informative! Please do continue further teaching us the vast amount of knowledge you have. I can honestly say I enjoy reading your posts .
Old 29th October 2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Wally, I think your posts are very informative! Please do continue further teaching us the vast amount of knowledge you have. I can honestly say I enjoy reading your posts .
I cannot tell if this is a mockery or compliment so in that case I thank you for the compliment, and laugh with what mockery (if any) is there.

Side note..I tried Azimer's XA2 plugin and it already does stereo upmixing automatically...and I don't hear as much brassy noise from the center speaker now.

~Groucho Marx
Old 29th October 2014, 06:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
I cannot tell if this is a mockery or compliment so in that case I thank you for the compliment, and laugh with what mockery (if any) is there.

Side note..I tried Azimer's XA2 plugin and it already does stereo upmixing automatically...and I don't hear as much brassy noise from the center speaker now.
I wasn't lying when I say I enjoy your posts. It's certainly more enjoyable than seeing people who spend months in a bedridden state asking , "What should I test," unable to upgrade to a superior later release of the plugin..

Also better than seeing posts where people kiss up to certain individuals and seem extremely biased! Cringe worthy...

Now obviously I don't agree with everything you say, but that's a given. For one, there is absolutely no reason to use "High Level Audio" while using shunyuan's audio. I would like if you replied more to my critiques as well ;/ .
Old 29th October 2014, 06:52 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richa...12830992063167
Old 30th October 2014, 01:52 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

When did the illuminati on this site go full douche waffle?
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 30th October 2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I wasn't lying when I say I enjoy your posts. It's certainly more enjoyable than seeing people who spend months in a bedridden state asking , "What should I test," unable to upgrade to a superior later release of the plugin..

Also better than seeing posts where people kiss up to certain individuals and seem extremely biased! Cringe worthy...

Now obviously I don't agree with everything you say, but that's a given. For one, there is absolutely no reason to use "High Level Audio" while using shunyuan's audio. I would like if you replied more to my critiques as well ;/ .

In some cases Checking "High Level Audio" in the emulator settings actually makes 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound work without using Dolby ProLogic II or Neo6.DTS on the stereo receiver. OoT, Conker's Bad Fur Day, DK64, MarioKart64, Blast Corps (ROM version 1.0) ans SM64..all require it be checked with both built in RSP plugins so that sound affects arent lost during gameplay.

~Groucho Marx