Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 25th September 2009, 04:30 PM

Default New Problem

Now After I tried both of those solutions with no luck, the game now gets an error that says "Access Violation: While Processing graphics data an exception occured you may need to restart the emulator" and then crashes with an Error Signature:AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: jabo_direct3d8.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000195a4(usually within a minute of starting) I'm wondering if trying those plugins screwed something up?

Anyways I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, I deleted the save files and I even DL'd a new rom just to make sure the rom wasn't corrupted somehow. Nothing has worked to remedy the problem and this was not happening before.

EDIT: it seems that if I set the emulator to start in full screen on rom load the error doesn't happen, I can even go to windowed mode after the game has loaded and I get no such error, I wonder what the difference is when doing this?

Last edited by RchUncleSkeleton; 25th September 2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

"Access Violation: While Processing graphics data an exception occured you may need to restart the emulator"
This is not affected by, to imagine fragments in memory from using previous plug-ins. It comes from Jabo's.
It's probably from using save states.

You probably couldn't set RiceVideo to fix it because of the timing intervention causing no screen updating at all.
I'm not sure why only I had Glide64 set to fix it, but it shows fine.

Quote:
EDIT: it seems that if I set the emulator to start in full screen on rom load the error doesn't happen, I can even go to windowed mode after the game has loaded and I get no such error, I wonder what the difference is when doing this?
If there ever was full screen mode set, frequency of screen refresh or updating is specific, and there are also buffer/copy/flip methods. These things sometimes control when parts of the game can be black or updated, so possibly that might have helped.

Tags
collision, glitch, graphics, no mercy, wrestling